Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How deep was it??

flash5153

For coin/ring sized objects. Lets hear some stories about some deep finds.
I've been doing this for about 10 years and have put my time in. I have seen some post in the past about some crazy depths for coins. All I can say is,,,,I believe it could happen on occasions. Where everything lines up perfect to make the object read very strong at depth that it would normally not. Soil being a huge factor.

Myself I have found a large cent at 12" with the ace 250. It read so-so, was jumping around from quarter/penny/fifty cent and some passes it wouldnt even register. If not for location I probally would not have dug it, but a old farmhouse where I found many old coins,,,,, I dig em all.

The best i can do is a quarter at about 7 inches..
with the GTI..... I get a lot of reads at 12 Plus but
usually its in a place where thats a bit too deep to dig

Ron

RLTW

The all metal mode that ID's on a GTI 2500 is as deep as any...Dug my deepest silver dime at 13 inches with a dead on dime meter read...

Also the Ace 250 under the right conditions has been known to get 8 inch plus depth and above all gotten some impressive gold rings..Not bad for a cheapy(price only) indeed...

I dug a merc dime at 10- 11 inches once,, with the ace 250. I couldnt believe it.Then after replacing the plug I still got a reading,, was thinking ,,sweeet ,,more coins!!! Then found a crushed soda can just a little deeper,,lol. I dont believe it was ever really reading the dime. Got lucky.