Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How did your test go Bart at Big Boys Hobbies ?

El

New Garrett ATX!

Posted by: Big Boys Hobbies [ Send a Message ]
Date: September 13, 2013 08:25AM
IP/Host: 72.198.41.---

Check out the new Garrett ATX. Will be using it next week in a hunt. Cant wait to run its thru its paces.

Yeah...how did it go....how did it go!!?

I asked him in an email and he told me he is under the same non disclosure agreement as the other testers. I know he will post a full report when Garrett gives the nod.

The question is will Garrett "give the nod" to a true unbiased, unedited review? Especially with the possibility (however slight) that it's not 99.9% positive. I would certainly never question Bart's (or any other dealers) integrity, but I'm not sure any detector manufacturer would be pleased with one of them saying anything less than favorable. When was the last time anyone read a negative review of any detector in a treasure mags? Early reviews are interesting but I'm gonna wait until some of the regulars get their hands on one. Now, if this detector turns out to be all it sounds like it might, and at half the price of the Minelab 5000 series, than watch out. I honestly hope it is.

Bart usually tells people what a certain detector is good for. He does not often criticize a detector but will make different recommendations based on his own experiences. I expect his review to be along those lines. If you ask him specific questions he will tell you the truth. Is the discrimination of the ATX a step forward in technology? That is my question.

I think that iron check button has lots of folks attention. Anyone know the actual release date of the unit?

Discrimination? Discrimination? Discrimination?
Alas, that is the question...

That's The million dollar question...... Will The iron check also knock out jewelry

I don't think the iron descrimination will knock out most jewelry but some iron will not be knocked out.

Cheers,

Tye

Can't be sure but, Garrett maybe using a crude way of discriminating hence the iron check.
PI's can discriminate using the Pulse delay control. The iron check may only be as simple as a switch, that switches to the high iron range of Pulse delay.
Gold is at the low range. By switching to the high range, most if not all gold will no longer be detected. So if iron check is on, target sounds off, its iron. If it nulls out, it's a good target.

Sven said:
Can't be sure but, Garrett maybe using a crude way of discriminating hence the iron check.
PI's can discriminate using the Pulse delay control. The iron check may only be as simple as a switch, that switches to the high iron range of Pulse delay.
Gold is at the low range. By switching to the high range, most if not all gold will no longer be detected. So if iron check is on, target sounds off, its iron. If it nulls out, it's a good target.

Sven, if I remember reading correctly, the infinium iron check knob bumps up the pulse delay to 100us. I forget where I read that the Recon was based on the infinium platform (John-Edmonton maybe?...) and if the ATX is a refinement of the Recon, then it would be somewhat safe to assume that the ATX also uses this method for its iron check feature...of course, all this is educated speculation and it'll be interesting to see how it actually performs and what sort of tech is new (if any).

That was one option we were going to add to my PI a year ago, adding a switch to go from pot controlled manual delay to fixed 100us as an gold/iron check.
Would have been one more added control, at the time didn't think it was a need, at least for us.

Your right too much speculation by everyone at the moment and Garrett is loving every minute of it.....

ML said:
The question is will Garrett "give the nod" to a true unbiased, unedited review? Especially with the possibility (however slight) that it's not 99.9% positive. I would certainly never question Bart's (or any other dealers) integrity, but I'm not sure any detector manufacturer would be pleased with one of them saying anything less than favorable. When was the last time anyone read a negative review of any detector in a treasure mags? Early reviews are interesting but I'm gonna wait until some of the regulars get their hands on one. Now, if this detector turns out to be all it sounds like it might, and at half the price of the Minelab 5000 series, than watch out. I honestly hope it is.

Unfortunatlely I have to agree with you on this. Historically speaking this did occur not so long ago. I am looking forward to the testing by "non-concerned" people with motives that are performance based only. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three times...