Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

how do i change target frequency,mine sounds like a screaming baby

guess I am lost everyone that has replied to this post has not said anything negative unless it is someone that i have put on my ignore list and I cant see what they post, they can say anything they want but those of us that detect with the Legend knows what it can and does do.

this is how I look at it someone can talk all the crap they want about something but does it make it so, just put them on your ignore list then you do not have to read what they have said because it will not even appear when you read a thread

I have a couple of friends that use the Equinox 800 and they are both getting a Legend, I have let them use one of mine actually my wifes that gets vary little use and it impressed them, to the point they are picking up a legend so that is saying a lot in my opinion
hi oldkoot

just posted a reply to the great info you gave me,just a note i have 2 nox 800s and whilst these are a fantastic machines they have a tendancy to drowned once the machine goes under water (as little as 6")hense me buying the legend (after a lot of research) and i must say from what ive seen so far this machine looks just as good as the nox and i love the ferrus bar but the downside is it doesn't like the british iron core coins (1p,2p,5p,10p) as these sound the same as ferrus metals,so unless your going to dig everything you will missout on a lot of coins.fortunatley ive only bought the legend for diving so wont mind missing out on iron core coins thanks again

guess I am lost everyone that has replied to this post has not said anything negative unless it is someone that i have put on my ignore list and I cant see what they post, they can say anything they want but those of us that detect with the Legend knows what it can and does do.

this is how I look at it someone can talk all the crap they want about something but does it make it so, just put them on your ignore list then you do not have to read what they have said because it will not even appear when you read a thread

I have a couple of friends that use the Equinox 800 and they are both getting a Legend, I have let them use one of mine actually my wifes that gets vary little use and it impressed them, to the point they are picking up a legend so that is saying a lot in my opinion
Yeah you’re right I should just be ignoring it. It’s just been a very emotional week and my personality is that I’m a real person. Nothing fake about me at all. I’m a straight shooter I say it how it is and I also call people out on stuff that otherwise others wouldn’t.
For example, the dealer that outright screwed me on an $80 part it’s just the principal. ironically, this person is also promoting that dealer, whether it has anything to do with it or not I’m not sure, but I didn’t even actually publicly post the dealers name they know who they are. This is a very small community. People from other dealers to the manufacturer even said it was totally wrong either the person is ashamed or they just really don’t give a crap which is pretty sad.
Seems like there’s three different types of people in this world today. If for example, an assault was happening on a innocent person on a bus or subway, there are those that would just totally look the other way than there are those that would actually just sit there and videotape it with their cell phone, critique for their own pleasure and then there are those the very few that that would actually get up and do something about it. I happen to be in the latest category.
Actually four different people. The ones doing the assault.
Btw oldkoot doesn't have to be a word reply just an emoji is saying alot.
If every time you posted a answer to something and i commented with say💩but someone else gives the same answer and i post 👍there is ulterior motives. Don’t want to take this off subject just had to point out but I could be wrong as others were about some my posts and thought i had different motives.
But im sure if I continually went on the equinox forum and only if someone posted some kind of issue and i replied with a 😲or similar and never posted on anything else there either positive helpful I thought that was concidered what they call trolling.
Never been big in all this internet stuff, technology yes, but too many fake people that hide behind a keyboard.
Today even big transactions are done by text. Things can easily be taken out of context. It is what it is I guess. Enough ranting. Just seemed like too many coincidences.

hi oldkoot

just posted a reply to the great info you gave me,just a note i have 2 nox 800s and whilst these are a fantastic machines they have a tendancy to drowned once the machine goes under water (as little as 6")hense me buying the legend (after a lot of research) and i must say from what ive seen so far this machine looks just as good as the nox and i love the ferrus bar but the downside is it doesn't like the british iron core coins (1p,2p,5p,10p) as these sound the same as ferrus metals,so unless your going to dig everything you will missout on a lot of coins.fortunatley ive only bought the legend for diving so wont mind missing out on iron core coins thanks again
I agree with you its not like I dislike ML as i have owned some that were some of my favorites but the leaking turned me off. Not to mention the legend was few hundred dollars less. For the money its hard ti beat. Unfortunately there are some that don’t seem to want to own up to those realities and defend the brand at all costs. I believe “ fanboys “ is the word. With emphasis on “ boys”
The legend has had its quirks but if you basically dig everything its an excellent detector for the money.
There is no perfect detector and I don’t suspect there will ever be. Im sure all new ones coming out will have some sort of issues as well especially as you cant please everyone.
Alot in this forum have owned both brands not so much the other way around, you can get some very informative information from those on here. Best of luck hope you get what you need.

hi oldkoot

I don't think any machine will do well with iron mixed coins. I'm sure the legend would do every bit as well as a nox properly set up.
I'm not sure if my Sovereign's or Explorer's would do well with them either. The silver Kings of detectors.

I don't think any machine will do well with iron mixed coins. I'm sure the legend would do every bit as well as a nox properly set up.
I'm not sure if my Sovereign's or Explorer's would do well with them either. The silver Kings of detectors.
The excalliber II did great in water for both silver and gold but it is a beast of its own. A waterproof version of the sovereign.

im hoping the legend will be as good as the nox on the beach as we get loads of low value iron core coins where i live,and whilst they dont give of the best signals i still managed to get well over 3,000 iron core coins (£80.00+) last year,so im hoping once 1 get used to the legend ill be able to do the dial it in and do the same but if not then ill just use it for diving which is why i bought it.

I agree with you its not like I dislike ML as i have owned some that were some of my favorites but the leaking turned me off. Not to mention the legend was few hundred dollars less. For the money its hard ti beat. Unfortunately there are some that don’t seem to want to own up to those realities and defend the brand at all costs. I believe “ fanboys “ is the word. With emphasis on “ boys”
The legend has had its quirks but if you basically dig everything its an excellent detector for the money.
There is no perfect detector and I don’t suspect there will ever be. Im sure all new ones coming out will have some sort of issues as well especially as you cant please everyone.
Alot in this forum have owned both brands not so much the other way around, you can get some very informative information from those on here. Best of luck hope you get what you need.
both my warrenties on the nox's run out next year and once that happens im going to silicon the s--- out of both machines and see if i can work out a way to have the controller in a air tight pouch.once thats done ill be taking them under water and hopefully it will stop the leaking problem

both my warrenties on the nox's run out next year and once that happens im going to silicon the s--- out of both machines and see if i can work out a way to have the controller in a air tight pouch.once thats done ill be taking them under water and hopefully it will stop the leaking problem
The way the control box mounts maybe the source of the leaks. Battery wires pass thru area.

Not sure if you have a product line there called “ flex seal “
It was introduced here on those commercials you see all the time on tv .
At first you think another gimmick but they have a broad range of product selection like foam,tape, paste, gel, etc.
Some better than others but they work as both a glue and waterproof sealer.
Can even be applied underwater in cases and used for about everything you can think of.
I swear by it as i have used it on at least 50 different applications around the home to both glue and waterproof things.
I’ve repaired furniture, kitchen and bathroom things, electronics, yard stuff like gluing stones together,sealed dozens of things even something that had to hold between a motorcycle frame
and part where nothing else worked.
Lasts for years never shrinks, cracks and had to go back years later to replace stuff and was able to still take it off.
I wouldn’t go as far as holding the bumper on your car although it might.
I had roof lights on my truck that would leak into the cab, had it in repair shops they tried everything. I took them off filled them with a bunch of that stuff never leaked again.
Might not give you the seem less clean look as you can see it even in the clear form but will stop leaks.

The way the control box mounts maybe the source of the leaks. Battery wires pass thru area.
i think they leaked into the battery compartment so thats the first place ill be sealing,gigmaster on youtube has a video showing how he sealed his and he does a lot of diving and water detecting,also philbo baggins who has he's inside a tube so he can go deeper.theres also another person showing how to make the nox waterproof but i cant find his video.

gig master -

philbo baggings -