Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

how do u run your v3i?

PostalTwo

hi folks im new the v3 and love it so far . ive been using a program similar to magics where is basically just disc the ground and have tones set for everything else. my gound is very mild about -77 to -84 and .5 to1% depending on where i am i usually have thr rx at about 11 and disc about 90 or as high as i can run without emi chatter. if the emi is bad i will use tx boost and lower the rx to 7. i m looking to try some different setups sooo. how do u run yours ? im looking for ideas . if u can plz explain why u run it the way u do . thanks in advance cheers

As you see not much traffic on the forum. For general hunting mine is much like yours.

I run mine a little different RX at 6 or 7 Dis at 80 to 85 Have not even looked at Recovery lately. I am using the SEF 10X20 Coil almost exclusively though. This is my down time. Too Hot and Ground is too hard. I too use a lot of tones but I cut out by 0 tone everything between 22 and 52 I mainly hunt coins

Thanks for posting that postal. I am renewed myself to the v3i and need to check what my ground is at. What band pass filter do you use for such mild ground? I would assume 5.0 BP?

Bubba

Yes 5 BP with a slow swing. Sometimes I experiment with the 7.5 filter. The biggest thing I've learned with the V is its better with the rx and disc sens lower. I have experimented with targets and I find I sometimes get a better signal with lower Sen setting like rx 11 and disc 85. My ground is mild but some sites I hunt are loaded with iron bits, this tends to produce some falsing and inaccurate id's. That's a lot of that goes with the lower Sen settings. At rx 11 and 85 disc my signal loss is about 6%

Postal...That was my biggest issue relic hunting the other day, was the small nail and iron bits. I WANT to avoid this as much as possible. Here is what my settings were

VISUAL REJECT OFF
BCR 2 (I'M GOING TO TRY FIXED SUGGESTION OF INCREASING THIS TO 4)
Hot ROCK +1
VDI SELECT BY vdi...everything FROM -95 up to -20 was not selected with the X in the box, so those boxes were blank.
RXG 13
TX BOOST OFF
DISC 75
ALL METAL 60
Target volume 63
Audio threshold 19
Tone, FIXED threshold 17, VCO threshold 40, TARGET tone, 235, OVERLOAD tone 65
VDI TONES from -95 to -21 is at 5,
But from -20 to-10 is at 20, -9 to -1 is 80, 0 and up, goes up 1 digit with each vdi (I'm not sure if this is what I'm looking for or after with my sounds and all either)...SO MAYBE THESE TONES NEED SOME TWEAKING TOO?

SEARCH AUDIO is under stereo mixed mode with threshold ON, TONE ID ON, modulation off, VCO ON
AUDIO BOOST is 10
Pinpoint AUDIO is only VCO ON

Frequency is 3F, CORRELATE, SPAN 30, WRAP LIMIT -91 (I WAS DEBATING TRYING BEST DATA, BUT KEPT CORRELATE)
FREQUENCY OFFSET IS 0

Kept it in LOCKTRAC with frequent GB

Filter was decided on 7.5 BPRD 50
SAT 10
Analysis GF 10.0 BP
RD 60
SAT 20

I guess my questions are (1) can I block out the nails (for the most part, like we could in the XLT, or at least be able to usually tell that they were nails, with the low GRUNT and negative ferrous bars) and (2) due to the sensitive nature of the v3i, will I be able to hear and find the DEEP shell frags and relics with the break in the threshold (to tell me something deep is there, without the 3F bars showing up) or should I change the threshold numbers to "hear the break better"?

Bubba

Bubba I think u need a concentric coil like ur xlt has. That will help block nails better. If u use the dd ur gonna have to put up with some and just try to identify them

Bubba try tweaking you settings here. I put my tweaks in underline. I think you will stop getting fooled with nails.

bubbadirect said:
Postal...That was my biggest issue relic hunting the other day, was the small nail and iron bits. I WANT to avoid this as much as possible.
Here is what my settings were

VISUAL REJECT OFF
BCR 2 (I'M GOING TO TRY FIXED SUGGESTION OF INCREASING THIS TO 4) Leave BCR on 2
Hot ROCK +1
VDI SELECT BY vdi...everything FROM -95 up to -20 was not selected with the X in the box, so those boxes were blank.
RXG 13 (Go Down to at Least 10 or 9)
TX BOOST OFF
DISC 75 Try 80 Here
ALL METAL 60
Target volume 63
Audio threshold 19
Tone, FIXED threshold 17, VCO threshold 40, TARGET tone, 235, OVERLOAD tone 65
VDI TONES from -95 to -21 is at 5,
But from -20 to-10 is at 20, -9 to -1 is 80, 0 and up, goes up 1 digit with each vdi (I'm not sure if this is what I'm looking for or after with my sounds and all either)...SO MAYBE THESE TONES NEED SOME TWEAKING TOO?

SEARCH AUDIO is under stereo mixed mode with threshold ON, TONE ID ON, modulation off, VCO ON
AUDIO BOOST is 10
Pinpoint AUDIO is only VCO ON

Frequency is 3F, CORRELATE, SPAN 30, WRAP LIMIT -91 (I WAS DEBATING TRYING BEST DATA, BUT KEPT CORRELATE) Do try Best Data here
FREQUENCY OFFSET IS 0 You did not talk about Ground Balance that I saw but go to +1 on Ground Balance

Kept it in LOCKTRAC with frequent GB Try Autotrack Here

Filter was decided on 7.5 BPRD 50 I use a 10 Filter simply because I swing fast and it knocks out those Frequent Blips that Fool you
SAT 10
Analysis GF 10.0 BP
RD 60
SAT 20

I guess my questions are (1) can I block out the nails (for the most part, like we could in the XLT, or at least be able to usually tell that they were nails, with the low GRUNT and negative ferrous bars) and (2) due to the sensitive nature of the v3i, will I be able to hear and find the DEEP shell frags and relics with the break in the threshold (to tell me something deep is there, without the 3F bars showing up) or should I change the threshold numbers to "hear the break better"?

Bubba

Thank you daddy flea. My wife just told me what the flea in your name stands for. Awesome.

I'm very interested in trying the suggestions you underlined. I tend to swing fast as well, so the 10 BP may be just the ticket. I also read that the correlate helps with those small iron blips as well? I can't wait to get out and try her out!

Thank you
Bubba

I tried correlate and it just did not work well for me. If I remember correctly it also skews VDI numbers slightly.

bubbadirect said:
Thank you daddy flea. My wife just told me what the flea in your name stands for. Awesome.

I'm very interested in trying the suggestions you underlined. I tend to swing fast as well, so the 10 BP may be just the ticket. I also read that the correlate helps with those small iron blips as well? I can't wait to get out and try her out!

Thank you
Bubba

Ok my ground shows 2.7 under each 3 frequencies, and a -92 under the ground part. What does this -92 mean?

-92 is the type of mineral. In your case -92 vdi which is iron mineralized. The 2.7 is the strength or amount of minerals. If ur ground was 0 or near 0 it would be salt mineral.