Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How do you display/store your finds?

Mi$$ouri Jim

I am finally attempting to put all my coin finds in a display book & want some advice. I am looking for something a bit of a step up from the standard stapled coin holders & regular walmart 3-ring binders. But not as high/expensive as plastic coin holders. Leather or leather-looking binders that zip up or reside in slipcases are more to what I am looking for. Any advice on a product?

Also.... please show or tell what you keep/display your finds in. I am curious & may find something I like.

i used to put my coins in books but then I found nobody ever looked at them.
Now I just display the stuff in wall displays that I make.
People notice the stuff and want to know more.
The big display needs some TLC.. been thinking i need to add mini shelves and clean it up.
Not that I've found anything worth a crap this year.... :lol:

where in Mo are you?
mike

KC

Nice display! Arent you afraid of it getting stolen? In my place.... I'd be deathly afraid of my stuff getting stolen while I was away at work. All it takes is one break in.

Putting all my silver coins & rings, my few gold rings (with diamonds) on display for anyone to see when they enter my home would be a tempting target for thieves. The other finds (few civil war finds & household-type finds) would probably be ignored by thieves.

I plan on locking my stuff up. i worked too hard finding every single one to risk them being stolen.

Yeah, I have kept mine in small containers inside an old tacklebox... lol!

I wish they made books with pages that allowed one to store the more thicker finds like rings, thimbles etc.. while still protecting them. I like the idea of having all my finds in one big binder that i can pull out & show to people.

I have found some very nice diamond rings and I keep those locked in a safe. I would do the same thing with anything else I found of truly great value. ( I also live in a fairly crime free area. )
and .... Yes....... I would hate to see all my coins stolen, but they came free to me and the experience of finding them is what I find to be of value. Coins from the ground are worth little more than face value unless it happens to be a very rare coin in the first place.. .... so I display them.. under the watchful eyes of the sleeping guard dog............ ;)