Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How do you find thin gold chains laying in sand, physically

HI
this question is about is experimenting and testing a new coil.

what I am asking is when you have found thin gold chains physically at the beach
in what configuration did you find them laying in the sand when you dug them up ?

Are they all tangled up in a ball ? my guess yes
or do do they lay flat in a line ?

I am trying to simulate in a wet sand box for testing a new coil

thanks all

I've never found one curled up in a bundle...................sometimes they can have a knot or two.
When water hunting the fine chains can at times be found hanging over the scoop edge, had one slip off back into the water the next scoop was done very delicately.

ivanll

Have only found a few very thin ones and all with pendants or charms attached. The couple in the wet sand have been tangled and came up looking like they were balled up. A couple years ago I found one very thin chain with pendant in the dry sand that was pretty much stretched out, the pendant was centered in the scoop with the chain hanging over the scoop side when it came up. A 10K gold pendant with thin chain on it that I found 9 days ago was in the wet sand and balled up when it came up. The thicker junk chain (plated copper) that was in the wet sand and found 11 days ago was also balled up. The links were big enough on the junk chain that it was detected well and clearly at several inches without a pendant on it.

Some pictures of the recent ones at: http://www.findmall.com/read.php?26,1675533

Thank you, thats very helpfull, I suspected the chains in the wet sand to be tumbled into a ball.

I have found them in a ball and laying flat, The two I found flat were only because I was digging another target and saw them, the same with the one in a ball. Two others I found with gold crosses on them and picked them up.