Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How do You like the Vibra-probe 560 ?

iwearpro

I was thinking about buying one and was wanting everyones input that has used one.
Any input would be great.

I had one but sold it.
Reasons were:
Too much interference with main detector, couldn't turn it off manually, doesn't detect all metals, wimpy depth.

EC

The VibraProbe is a pi unit, so yes, you have to keep your detector a reasonable distance away, or you will hear the interferance. I have never had a problem with that?

I happen to like the 560. Waterproof, no switches to get dirty or wear out, auto off after a little bit of non use and long battery life, solid construction and backed up by the manufacture. Compare that to the toy "gun" type probes! Sure there are better probes, I own two SunRay DX-1's and love them, but for the price of a good used 560, it can't be beat.

I mean if it hits a coin at 4 or 5 inches, that doesn't seem like it's pinpointing the target very closely.

Doesn't that make it hard to find it?

EC

As it ptobably gives double the depth, is small but on the downside is not waterproof..Its a German product and seems to oushine most handheld units in raw depth and quite moderate in price to many...

My Sherlock, which was new at this past Xmas, just died. The press-switch failed. I'm gonna try soldering a new toggle switch in it's place, as the original was obviously NOT choosen for it's durability.
The unit worked well though, until it died.