Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How do you like your CZ-3D

Paul (IL)

I am looking to try something new. I use an explorer II and a Garrett Ace 250. Over the years I have used several brands of detectors but never a Fisher. I like what I read about the CZ-3D since hunt older places. Thanks in advance for advice.

The CZ3d has been a great choice for me, as I mostly coin shoot,
and it is a simple machine to use. I use the tones from the machine
to hunt, much more than looking at the meter reading, unless I need
to know the depth. Pin points very well, and loves to find nickles. The
machine has good depth, at least 8 inches in my soil conditions, most
of the time. The only con I have with it, is that I cannot notch out all
pennies, because the non-zinc pennies fall into the coin silver range.
This is only a problem sometimes, as there are other times when you
need the pennies to ring in. You can't go wrong with the CZ3d!

Nasa Tom sure had some good ideas when he was instrumental in reworking the older CZ models to come up with a CZ3D for both new and old areas..

Although an explorer has some good guts and lots of info its just darn heavy and has a learning period that some never master.

Google Nasa Tom Dankowski CZ3D as he has lots of info on the unit and its working...also might want to Google Mikes CZ page as it has a lot of general info applicable to all CZ's.

Certainly reworked old technology at its best...

ran a garrett for better than 20yrs. purchased a 3d two years ago and could not be happier .really excels in the older areas picnic groves, campmeeting groves, etc. like bigelmo i to pretty much go by tones and hardly ever use the meter.

Thanks all for the info. Very helpful.