Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How do you set up...

A

Anonymous

your shots?? Do you use outside lighting?? Do you turn off your flash?? I mean with the macros. I ruin a bunch of them with the flash. Would it be best to side light it?

First of all don't try a flash that isn't diffused on a close-up. Find a piece of opaque plastic and fashion up a way to sneak just the lens through it. The C2500L doesn't need the B-Macro lens that happens to fit it to do great closeups. I still use it simply because it came with an opaque piece of plastic that snapped around the lens and keeps the flash from ruining things.
The other thing you have to be wprried about using a flash on something that close is being in the actual shadow of the lens. You may end up with something half lit up.
I learned from Rick Martin that natural afternoon sunlight does the nicest job on closeups. No need for flashes and the lighting is so well spread out that even the finest details all seem to be properly lit. Pretty neat results on my black BBQ pit.
Lastly, at least on my camera, you want to have the zoom turned all the way to the wide side. No zooming in at all or you mess up your macro focusing. If you need closer, move in closer.
I'm sure Rick will have something to add but thought I'd bring you up to where I'm at.
Good shooting... Guvner..

This deffuser, do you mean that I should take a piece of plexaglass about the size of the camera and drill a hole in it the size of my lens? Then shoot the picture in this configerantion?
I have had the problem with the flash causing a shadow across half the picture.
If that is what you are talking about, I will make one. Think I will try turning off the flash and use natural light too.
Thanks for the help

Here's a picture of my add on macro lens showing the opaque plastic snap on in place. This should give you a clue as to what you need to devise.
The plastic basically just blocks the flash from having a direct hit on the object being photographed...
Good shooting... Guvner..

I took a plastic lid off a Pringles chip can and cut it and bent it so it goes over the flash. I can hold it with my hand. I don't see much help using it but I'm very new at photos and still experimenting. Steve in so az