Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

how do you store your "keeper coins"????

gunwolf

for years I have just thrown them into a pile in some sort of container... I just went out and bought these...
6JCsqGo.jpg

this is how I have been storing my silver... and yes even the 21 D merc... but I did separate it from the pile...
WLy502w.jpg

Nice! I was going to do the same until a few years ago I was checking out some of my Dad’s coins in flips(?). Most ,if not all of them, looked terrible. Staples were rusted, the clear plastic had yellowed or was cracked or was stuck to the coins. Just seemed wrong to have such beautiful coins wrapped in trash. As far as I know these were always in a box in the closest. I believe they were from the early 70’s. I’m sure materials have changed but they just don’t compliment an old work of art that may be priceless to some. I think the clear plastic snap cases are sweet. I don’t know what they are called and really never thought about it. I have a couple bigger cases with glass so I can see them all. Good luck I hope they work well for you. I would like to see a pic of all of them if you don’t mind. You have some awesome finds. Congratulations! Great job!

I gave up on hiding my nice one's in drawers. So I've been displaying them on some furniture I refinished. Risky maybe, but their always in sight when I'm taking a break.

Attachments

• IMG_20210626_075043.jpg
    IMG_20210626_075043.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 103
  • IMG_20210626_075230.jpg
    IMG_20210626_075230.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 103
I have old 35mm film canisters with cotton balls inside. When I left the coin store yesterday he simply slipped the coins into a plastic foldable sheath. Protected by visible.

I store mine in a coin album with the removeable sleeves.

for years I have just thrown them into a pile in some sort of container... I just went out and bought these...
6JCsqGo.jpg

this is how I have been storing my silver... and yes even the 21 D merc... but I did separate it from the pile...
WLy502w.jpg
That's what I use

Common date and well traveled silver coins get sold off every 2-3 years. Have a dealer and a metal detecting club that both pay 95% of, at the time, melt value. I don't use silver as an investment as its changed little for a long time and an accumulation of years of recoveries makes storage tougher. It, key and semi key dates and clad create cash flow and helps pay for the hobby.

Key dates, semi key dates and any older coins in better then average condition, I do save, and sell at times, and those are stored in small, "gadgets and gizmos." self sealing plastic bags I get from Hobby Lobby. I no longer use the coin "flips," for the reasons above mentioned by Diggindumbstuff. However, it does take years for the flips to get in that condition. HH Jim Tn