Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How Do You Switch To "Manual" Sensitivity?

When you go into the menu and then select "Sensitivity", you will see that it says it's in "Auto". Use the "Minus" and "Plus" buttons (which also happen to look like left and right arrows) on either side of the "Select" button to take it out of Auto and it will then say "20", which is the highest manual setting. I can run 18 at the beach and keep it stable. On land too, if it's clean...otherwise try 17 or 16. Arrowing back to the right takes it back up the scale until you hit Auto again.

Couldnt figure out how to take it out of auto or have auto at a lower number like the Explorer as I thought it had a setting like the Explorer where you set the sensitivity and then go auto or manual. What it has is auto when you max the sensitivity out, when you lower it it will be manual, so you cannt set it to like 18 and set it to auto, auto is all by itself like the Sovereign is. When you set it to max it is auto and one notch back is max sensitivity in manual.
It took me a while to see this too when I had my Quattro as it has less adjustments you can do than with the Explorer.

Rick

Ok, Thanks guys. I see. When I set the sensitivity at 16, 17 or 18 I'm already in "Manual". What confused me was that I'd see the AUTO in the box at the right of the screen. I too thought it was like the Explorer.