Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How do you take The wobble out of The Arm Rest without striping the wing Bolt & Nut

Rob in (Ca)

It's driving me nuts, :confused: Iv'e tried spreading the Arm Rest inward, Outward, Got The Wing Nut very tight, without striping out the treads ...What's The secrets here?.........Wobble Wobble Wobble :shrug:

Use a white's armrest bolt. You can tighten it with pliers and you'll never strip it out. I hate wobbly arm rests and I always crank down on mine so they don't.

Thanks Tom ..... It appears to have worked .... I was overly afarid of stiping it out and then Beach Hunting all next week with out a arm Rest :help:

as you tighten the nut and bolt , squeeze the top of the armcup together a bit.

I took mine off and wrapped a couple rounds of black electrical tape around the shaft, then bolted the arm rest back on.

I used a couple of pieces clipped from a business card as a shim between the shaft and arm rest on my V3i. I also wrapped the end of the top shaft with Teflon tape where it goes into the center shaft....it was starting to wobble. Tightening the plastic nut didn't help. It is annoying when that wobble starts......not sure why nor what causes it to happen. :shrug:

I use rubber washers works fine

n/t

Hi,
Once fitted for size you hardly ever need to remove the arm rest.
I used a stainless bolt, 2 small washers and also a stainless self locking nylock nut.
Works just fine, never wobbles and I also use same setup on the upper and lower rod as I find it very annoying to have the coil wobble side to side as you swing.
hh
skookum

Gorilla tape around the shaft for me did the trick!

I used double sided tape. I also have a deluxe swingy thing that I did the same thing for it. Once you put thin double sided tape (i used double sided carpet tape....very thin), neither the bungee bracket for the swingy thing nor the cuff move at all. And for those pessimists out there.....I regripped a lot of golf clubs the same way, when you want to get the tape off, just use lighter fluid or even the Goo b gone stuff to break it down and peel or slide it off. But, most for most of us, once it is on.....we don't want to take it off. Another way would be to get the wing nut to where you have it up against the metal cuff, run a string of hot glue on each side and then tighten up the wing nut....the hot glue will take up all that play and make almost a perfect fit.