Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

how do you use 5 tones and 4 tones

juit

can you tell me were are you using them?
how are you using them?
settings tips and tricks

I'm still a rookie with the Anfibio, but here's my input. I hunt mostly parks and public areas for coins. If I am in an area where the ground is easy to dig and I think there may be old coins present, I will usually hunt in 4 tone, as it provides the best depth, other than deep mode. I'm careful about not running the gain so high that the machine is constantly chattering. Even at a gain of 70, it is still getting great depth. If the area is really trashy, I will sometimes notch out a range or ranges of numbers, just to get rid of some of the noise. In fact, I have on occasion simply ran my Discrimination all the way up to 60, but it's probably wiser to use the notch feature. I almost always have my tone volume for Z1 at 0, as I have no interest in hearing the targets in the 0-15 range. I generally run my ISAT at 0. I like the ID Depth set to Hi, as it gives a better ID on deeper targets. I rarely use 5 tone. If you are not interested in great depth, 3 tone is the quietest mode to hunt in. When hunting deeper targets, I recommend slowing down your sweep speed, and proceeding slowly. My experience so far with this machine is that it will find the deep targets, but I seem to dig more trash than I did with my Explorer. However, I consider myself still in the learning stage. Darnell Williams has a video on youtube where he talks about the settings he uses that you might want to checkout. Good luck!