Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How does the AT Pro do pulling out nickels?

bugg

Does the machine Id nickels accurately, or do they read out all over the place? Does it seperate out nickels quite well compared to aluminum trash, or do you have to dig a ton of aluminum to get the nickels also?
TIA

Nickels share the same conductivity as gold, and the AT Pro is really hot on gold. So, if a nickel (5 cents) is made of nickel, it will be hot to the AT Pro.

The ID on nickels was fairly accurate but only down to say 4 inches at best in my area. After that the ID started jumping around, mostly down into the high forties or so. But on the shallower targets it was pretty accurate. That is the good thing about having some numbers to look at. I have owned other detectors with notch discrimination with no TID numbers just a box or area that lit up by the suspected target and they were awful. The nickel notch was so big you dug a ton of trash too. Got rid of those quick......;o)

n/t

John,
This is the kind of crap a man can accomplish when he's an out of work contractor. I'm watching the computer waiting for the phone to ring.... It has started to pick up some..

Mine Id a few the other day really well. Locked really hard on them! Gonna be a good nickle machine!

New guy here, so dunno if I should even chime in...But here it goes anyways (lol) I'm not good enough with mine to separate aluminum cans from nickles...Although if nickles are shallow 4 inches or less it seems to lock on without any hopping around on depth...One thing I noticed is that the depth meter would jump a bit when it was aluminum, when it was a nickle it would lock on and seem more sure of itself...That's what I noticed anyways on my nickle finds, in the VERY limited time I have on the AT Pro.

You have to size your target while pinpointing. A coin sized target will have a smaller footprint than a can or large piece of aluminum. Also raise your coil off the ground 14 inches and sweep over the target. If you still get a beep then it's a can or large target. Try an air test with a can and coin. You will see that the machine can pick up a can/crushed can at great depths. But it cannot find a coin that far out. This should help you leave the cans in the ground for someone else.