Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How does the Deus show depth of a target?

detectordude

I just puchased the XP Deus this past Monday and have been reading the manual and noticed that the Deus does not show how deep a target is. Did I miss something or does it not show the depth of a target. The only thing that I concluded for the Deus showing depth was in the "profile" on the left part of the screen. If so how doe the profile show depth?

Bill

FWIW...
The "horse shoe" on the left side shows signal strength.
The more of the right side of the horse shoe that is filled in black the closer to the coil.
So, just a sliver at the top is a deep target.
How deep depends on settings and soil.
The left side of horse shoe shows iron targets.
Hope this made since.

HH

Well, that was basically what I had figured out but just didn't think that XP would leave out the actual distance since just about every other detector does have the depth in inches. Just curious, do you happen to know the reason for this?

Bill

:thumbup:
detectordude said:
Well, that was basically what I had figured out but just didn't think that XP would leave out the actual distance since just about every other detector does have the depth in inches. Just curious, do you happen to know the reason for this?

Bill

Other detectors are the same as the Dues in the so called depth readings, in reality they all are a signal strength reading. These readings are based on a coin size object. If you have a can and a coin buried at the same depth I am sure the depth meter on any detector will not show them to be at the same depth.
I hope this helps. :thumbup: