Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How does the M6 do on relics; especially lead??

M6 mainly a coin and jewelry detector,not a relic machine if you want a relic machine you want MXT it has programs for lt. It will hit a lead sinker I TRIED MY M 6 ON ONE THE OTHER DAY.

Hey Minnixb
I use the M6 and have found alot of lead with it. I think it is the same as the MXT except for the threshold and ground balance capabilities. I have found everything from tire weights to fishing weights to lead solder and lead bullets. I find lead bullets to be bouncy on the number scale due to size position in the ground,depth and if they are deformed from impact. So If I am in an area looking for relics I will always dig those type of signals. This is just my experience in my area with the M6. Good Luck

It will find relics as good as the MXT minus the threshold. Having a threshold on the MXT may squeak out some very tiny or on the edge of detection deepie. Other than that the M6 will do the job. You don't need a relic mode to find relics. Nor do you need a coin mode to find coins. I have found deep CW bullets with the M6. I usually start out with the disc all the way left. Basically zero disc. Then use as much gain as possible acording to the site. Find a clean spot in the PP mode if you can. Set your trac to auto and pump the coil up and down about 6 times then put it in the lock position. Run 7 tone mode so you can hear the iron grunts and dig everything else. If the iron is too busy slowly increase the disc. Proceed to dig relics. On some sites relics can be iron too. So if your digging a lot of lead make sure you dig a little iron to see what it is.

I've use the M6's I have had with equal success to the MXT and current MXT Pro that is my main-use detector. As Kenny stated, the M6 IS the MXT, just lacking the audible Threshold control. You can work the stock 950 in more open areas and those with a lower trash content, but I keep my 5.3 Eclipse coil mounted full-time on my MXT Pro as I did my M6's because I mainly hunt in brushier and trashier sites. That 6

The m6 is one of the most underated detectors on the market and will serve any user well for any type of detecting they wish to use it for....i'll stick my neck out and suggest that it is one of the best detectors ever made.Simplicity and performance has never been combined any better in any other detector.

I don't think your sticking your neck out. It seems with all the fancy machines Whites has with complicating adjustments - the M6 holds it's own very well. Two toggles and two knobs gets the job done.

Thanks for all the info. I used to have an MXT and may purchase another one or an M6 in the future. Thanks again.

minnixb said:
Thanks for all the info. I used to have an MXT and may purchase another one or an M6 in the future. Thanks again.

An MXT Pro can be adjusted to operate exactly like an M6 or an MXT. Bottom line, if you want both an MXT and an M6, buy an MXT Pro.

The M6 is, I agree, maybe the best one-detector out there for most average hobbyists, and above-average detectorists who want a great blend of performance and simplicity.

Is the MXT Pro better balanced than the M6? I'm thinking about buying MXT Pro.

tabman

I would'nt say either was light to swing but this is due to the whites build quality which is second to none on these machines.I found my M6 a little coil heavy with the standard coil but really good with either the 10x6 or the sef 8x6.....and no worse than the MXT.If i had to make a choice between the two i would go with the M6.....the performance is the the same but for me the M6 seemed to deliver its performance in a more laid back and smooth way.....it is so easy to enjoy.

The M6 was the worst detector I ever used. They are the best built I threw mine like three times and not a scratch on it. Lol. Everyone I know that bought one sold it after one season and for get about the bulls eye pointer. That thing is junk. All that being said Whites make a very durable detector.

Dutchtoga you better stick with your Garrett then :crylol: have you tried throwing it too?:heh::devil:

Lol. Yes it true I use the AtPro and T2se. The at pros series are built like crap. The arm cuff brakes every few months the main housing unit fell off. I was going to send it back but the duck tape has been doing just fine. My friends laugh but I don't care I'm find targets. All these detectors will get you some nice finds even the M6. Love the way they are made built to last.