Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How does the new Ace 400 work with the Nail Board test?

:Left4Dead

Since most parks near me have been searched and cherry picked to the letter. I really need an advantage, will the new Ace detect Silver or Gold in an around nails? Also seems the Iron audio on would mislead one that is looking for Silver and gold mixed in with Iron?

Just giving a real world scenario. I would love to just hunt open fields with very few things and great separation, its just not very common in my part of the US.

Please let me know what you all think?

Wow, I guess the 200 people that viewed this maybe don't have one yet.

Most people aren't even aware of the various nails tests, and because the nail test test lacks any standardization, it is very limited to to interpretation of results. Having said that, I can tell you that a smaller coil will give you much better target separation, and a larger coil will not. So.....if you are hunting an area littered with junk, use the 5" x 8" DD or 4.5" concentric sniper coil. If you use a large coil, expect to lose the ability to find good targets amongst the trash, however, you should gain some depth and have the advantage of a larger foot print, covering a larger area in a given amount of time compared to a smaller amount of time.

I have been hunting for many years, and pay little attention to these so called tests. A little common sense and experience should pave the way for hunting successfully under very challenging conditions.

The Aces "fail" the nail board test. Having said that, I constantly find coins/jewelry next to trash-even in Coins mode. Many times I have gotten the belltone followed quickly by the standard tone in Coins mode on a dime/nickle combo next to each other. Strangely, it's the iron next to trash that is the biggest fault-which can be helped by using a/m mode- which I notice John Edmonton uses a lot. Better success is had around tabs. Fortunately, I have yet to find a site where most of the targets are next to iron trash
The most amazing use of the Ace is with the sniper coil at 2-3 bars sensitivity around poles, metal benches, fences, sidewalks, etc. The front or toe of the sniper coil is less sensitive (about 1/4") than the rest of the coil and I have a!most touched a pole and found coins with this tip. The heel of the coil is more sensitive- I.e., signal extends + 1/4"!