Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How fast do you swing your coil?

matthias

I've always swung slow with my Minelabs compared to other brands. Is it possible to swing too slow resulting in depth loss? Thanks. Matt

It depends on the site for me. Even with IM at 16 I start pretty slow in trashy sites and listen closely to my nulling. If my sensitivity is @ 24 or lower I'll still get the 6 to 8 inch stuff no problem. Using another method with all metals or wide open a slow swing brought up a clad quarter for me that was easily at 13" about 2 weeks ago but the area was probably fill and wasn't too trashy. I wondered at that time what a silver would be that deep as my signal was faint but very targeted and I hit that clad in the first plug. I know it's time to go home when I'm swinging like I'm on the golf course. By then the signals are so tight and repetitive that the machine can't catch up even in Fast and I'm usually too tired to slow it down.

Ed

I used mine and my E.Trac at a pace of 1 swing every 2 to 3 seconds , on iron 4 seconds. It depends on settings too.

if trashy real slow, clean fast as you want. hear some beeps slow down.can cover alot of ground going fast.try going fast , i think you will be surprised.

I typically swing slow and cover my previous sweep. Have had lots of success that way. But, everyone is different and these minelabs seem to work well in all sorts of configurations and speeds.

Personally slow is the way to go, however one young fellow in the club swings his mighty fast and goes as deep as any of us...
Of course he may have exceptional hearing to catch the pings and perhaps he knows something we don't relative settings...