Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How high do you run your sensitivity on your 70?

I usually run mine as high as possible, 28 to 30. It gets to be pretty noisy. Today i went to a ball field and tried lowering it to about 15. While it was quiet and stable, I felt like I was missing things by not hearing the blips. What does everyone else do? Have a good day. Thanks Ken

If the area I am hunting is trashy with lots of shallow targets I lower the sens 15-20. If the targets are few I run as high as I can. HH

I also generally run my X-T 70's sensitivity 28 to 30 unless the situation dictates a lower setting because of too much iron., trash or electrical interference. None of which hardly ever happens when using the 6" DD HF coil. Mtnmn

I used to run mine in the 15-18 area. I now try to run 22-25. Much higher and i gea a bunch of falsing. It does also depend on the land and area you are in. I have a spot that it is pretty impossible to run higher than 15-18, Beale.

Hey Ken, what coil do you normally use and what kind of GB #'s do you normally see in your area?

Using the 7.5kHz DD coil i crank up my sensitivity to 30. I adjust it according to mineralization in the soil and if I start getting falsing. I find that most of the time I can hunt in the 25 to 30 range. HH TomB

The reason I asked is because I was wondering if maybe a DD coil might help out with all of the chatter, but I see that your already using a DD coil. With your lower GB #'s I see that your ground is a little on the hot side and your just doing to have to put up with some chatter at the higher senc settings if you want to have good depth. I have the same problem in my area.

I have mine at 25, any higher and I get deep iron falsing. 9" 3khz coil.....25 is plenty high enough to get a penny or dime at 8-9" coins are rarely EVER that deep I don't care what people say on the forums, most coins are 7" or less

Running the 10.5" DD... run at 20-25... Iron falsing as mentioned.. With the 7.5 coil... I get a tad higher...27 range... the 6"DD seems more stable and I have run even higher!
Hope this helps...best..Rich

I can usually run 20 to 25 here, regardless of coil.

Jeff

I've been able to run mine at 24 what little I've used it. May could get a little more out of it. I'll find out when the earth thaws and/or dries out.