Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How I feel out in the field after a few hunts....

No_Idea_Dog.jpg

:twodetecting:

All kidding aside... Who has a trashy park program? Someone mentioned that they hunt in 8 khz, and notch out mid to high 90's and 30 or less? What about reactivity and the rest? Any advice would be great.

what worked for me was mainly looking for high conductive
freq 8
react 4
silencer -1
gb tracking
4 tone ( everthing at 200hz but from 71-91 set at 800) so all high conduct makes a loud tone everything else low. kinda good cherry pick program.

disc at 8

Interesting, XP man.

I'll add it to my programs. So far I have a 12khz park one, and one at 4khz to quickly check for caps. Also, that UK guys Hot and Cold programs...

I was out in the yard earlier playing with a 9" silver dime on the cold program (sens 95). I was hitting it at 12 khz , but it really popped out when I put the Audio response from 4 to 5..

I'm not sure how practical 5 would be out in the field though. Do any of you guys use 5 out in the pasture or cleaner sites?

Here is one I use with great finds for super heavy trash...

Disc Setting 10
Tones 5
Brk-Hrz T1 10-200
Brk-Hrz T2 11-322
Brk-Hrz T3 49-749
Brk-Hrz T4 57-800
Brk-Hrz T5 97-200
Sensitivity 80
TX Pwr 3
Freq 12
Iron Vol 0
Reactivity 4
Silencer 2
Audio Resp 3
Overload 1
Notch 57-70
GB Manual 86
Ground Notch 57-70

And my go to 4K Coin/Jewelery:

Disc 2
Full Tones
Sens83
Tx3
Freq4
IV0
Re2
Sil0
AR3
Over2
Notch 0-30,97-99
GB83
GB Notch 84-90

Jim

SC, if you use SleepyJim's program with "ground tracking" and your Deus starts going haywire on you, set a ground notch (Its easy with 3 different notch settings available).
I don't have the specifics in my mind, but settings are in the manual. It will eliminate the erratic behavior. Use the smallest notch setting that works for you.
Erratic behavior usually happens when you use tracking and the ground reading is around 85. Also, sometimes when you set the detector down to dig, it loses its ground reading and will false until it establishes it again.
Depending on trash in the area you are hunting, it could take up to a minute. That's a long time. I have rebooted my detector to reset the GB when it will not reset on its own.
Somebody on here might have a better solution for quick reset.

Otherwise you will want to set GB manually (works good with a stable ground reading), that will also eliminate the erratic behavior.
Not sure what negative effects setting ground notch has, I would need to read up on it to know, but I haven't noticed any loss in performance for my particular needs.

Great info, lsm!

I have been using manual GB and it seems to be running okay most of the time. The Reactivity 3 programs have been treating me well, but I haven't been finding much using the other programs, looking for deeper targets at these older sites. At parks, it's been okay. These are places I've hit with the Etrac maaaany times, and I only have the 9" coil. But in the iron, wow. I'm loving it. I think it would hit a damn coin if it was there, but a few of us have cleaned up these farms!

I can't wait for a new permission.... I'm working on it frantically. :twodetecting: