Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How I see things now,

Dustyroundup

Dang, check this out,

The boy and I were fixing fence, to move the horses last saturday, and the top end is a steep slope.
We came to the corner post, and right there, is a 55 gallon drum that had been cut out to be used as a wood stove.
It had obviously rolled down the mtn, and got stuck in the fence years ago. The fence is old and rusty, the barrel is so old , the metal is thin.
Its been there forever, and I never payed attention to it.
We deduced, it had to roll down the hill, and theres only one flat spot up there, so there must have been a human camping or living up there.

I know the owner of the property, but its a north slope, and the snow is hard enough to walk on.

I think its funny how I'm starting to see things from a different perspective these days.

H.H.

Dusty

Right on. I'm finding more "eyeball" targets since I started detecting as well.
BB

I love it Dusty. Just love it. It comes with the territory. ;) HH, Nancy

since i got a detector seems that everywhere i go im looking for a hunting spot, my gf even notices that when were driving together, rubber-necking old homes

Good eye Dusty, I do the very same thing, all the time............. and I'll share a little piece of what I've been doing all winter up here in Michigan, preparing for the wonderful MD'ing season coming up!!! I talk to the older neighbors around our hometown, my in-laws, and others about spots where they had picnics, older beaches in older/hidden areas, school/church locations when they were younger and you'd be surprised how much information the older crowd is interested in sharing while they're reminiscing of their younger days. One day in the not so distant future they will be gone and so will all their stories!!!
Get em while you can and enjoy a bit of their history while you're doing it!! :eek:)

HH

Arlen