Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How important is it to purchase coils optimised for the Vision?

Pookybear

Ive heard that some users have been using their DFX loops with the vision.Do the Vision loops have a V for vision stamped on them from the factory? Pookybear

The coil will work. It may not run stable, especially at high power settings. The V3 compliant coils have a V preceding the code on the ear of the coil.

I have the 4X6 Shooter coil from my DFX I have used with my V3 and had no problem at all, even at max gain of 15, here, in higher mineralized ground. Tx boost doesn't work here well at all. I picked up the 5.3 with the White's coupon, so I use that one now.

If you already have DFX coils, I would try them out to see for yourself. If not, I probably wouldn't buy a used one without the "V" designation on the coil ear. Just my opinion.

Captain Ron

Pookybear said:
Ive heard that some users have been using their DFX loops with the vision.Do the Vision loops have a V for vision stamped on them from the factory? Pookybear

If you get a Vision/V3...The coil that comes with the detector SHOULD have the "V" on the mounting ear!

Use the stock coil and drive the detector for a few outings...Learn the new detector ! ! !
You can use the DFX/MXT/M6 coils...but it would be better to know the machine FIRST.

Good Luck
Jerry

Most non V stamped coils will work on the V, you most likely just wont be able to run TX boost though. For me, I very rarely am able to use TX boost due to soil conditions, so it doesn't make much difference to me. I did however buy the V coils to go with my V, that way my DFX has its own set of coils and my V has a set. Now I do have to say that at a couple of sites I can run with TX boost on and one of my non V coils does work fine with boost on...I know this because I had to use my DFX coils while waiting for my V coils to arrive.

Hope this info helps!