Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How is the G2 in HOT Virginia Soil

crazyzook

I am heading out to my first DIV in March and am told the soil in Culpeper is VERY HOT. Does anyone have any information they can share about using the G2 in hot soil, or not using it.
I also have a Tejon but I was told that it won't ground balance in that soil. The machine of choice seems to be a TDI but I'm not sure I have the time to buy and learn it in a month.
Thanks for any help.

You can balance down to salt and remember that you can the detector into the gold fields. I would not think you would have a problem there. Please hunt in all metal, it is the deepest and will show you the ground changes.

Ken in Georgia said:
You can balance down to salt and remember that you can the take the detector into the gold fields. I would not think you would have a problem there. Please hunt in all metal, it is the deepest and will show you the ground changes.

I was saying take not the. wow

Culpeper's soil is described as: Fine, kaolinitic, mesic Typic Hapludults (source: http:soils.missouri.edu). In simple terms, the soil there has fine particles of kaolin and retain moisture. Don't worry about "typic hapludults"...the classification is too broad to have any impact on your purpose.

I've been thinking back as how my GB Pro performed on moist fine clay soils which are just about analogous to your Culpeper soil...it does ok, and I hope you do too. Happy hunting!