Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How is the Racer for tall people?

I'm seriously considering the purchase of a racer. I'm 6'7" tall and use tall men's lower rods on both my M6 and Etrac.

Are longer rods available for the racer and, if not, how is it for taller folks?

Thanks. I'm anxious to hear!

Keith measured the length from coil side of grip to top bottom of coil and it was 40". Hope this helps.. Im 6'4" and it should be fine for me

Seems like it will go pretty long! I was thinking the middle shaft may be bit too long if you like it shorter since it would be in detection range. At 6'7", idk. I'm a short 6'1" with LOTS of length to spare.

I'm also 6'1" and the Racer is long enough for me. The Bounty Hunter lower Rods are identical to the Fisher lower rods except they are 5" longer and only $9.95 from the big K store. I use them on my Fishers and on the Racer for my extra coils. They can always be cut shorter if needed.

I'm 6'6" and it's fine for me without any extra long rods. I have it at full extension
and it's a little longer than my Tesoro Vaquero at full extension, if that helps.

Unless your proportions are much different from mine, and unless you swing your
coil way out in front of you (instead of about 1 to 1.5 feet in front of your toes), I expect
the Racer to fit you OK without any modifications.

I'm even happy with how the hand grip fits me, and I almost always have trouble
getting things to fit my large hands properly. (My fingers aren't especially long, but
my palms seem to be wider than expected, even for my size.)

Good luck if you go ahead and get the Racer! I'm enjoying mine.

By the way, I named myself TallTom on the forums because I started on them by asking
the same question you did, but for my first detector, a Tesoro Silver uMax. I wanted to
find out if it would fit me, and tried to make it clear that most things don't fit people
my size very well. In my family, we regard the phrase "One size fits all" to be a
tasteless joke. So I definitely sympathize with your "Will it fit?" problem.

TallTom I'm with you on the "one size fits all"--especially on hats--I wear an 8 and the Tilley hats are the only ones that fit.