Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How long a learning curve on White's Dual Field?

rarysgaard

Bought a White's Dual Field, read & re-read all of Clive Clynck's excellent books, on pulse in general & Dual field in particular. I have another pulse, but the Dual Field seems to be the choice of the pros with regards to pulse machines. My question is how long a learning curve can I expect? I did find a couple of nice silver & gold rings with my detector pro pi machine, but had a real difficult time pinpointing with my 11" coil. Both rings were found with the 8" but doesn't cover much ground. I am excited to find some deep gold the vlf hunters are missing. Any experienced DF hunters any info or tips would be appreciated!

The DF is an easy turn on and go machine....listen for that short repeated tone inside the inner coil while narrowing down your swing over the target. Try to size the targets you are digging by only digging targets that stay inside the small coil... aluminum cans, cap tops and big iron have an elongated bellowing tone that sounds through the entire pass of the coil. Wire, bobby pins, and tabs have their own twang, raspy sound or double beep that can help you out with an idea what it might be before you dig..

bob.oz said:
The DF is an easy turn on and go machine....listen for that short repeated tone inside the inner coil while narrowing down your swing over the target. Try to size the targets you are digging by only digging targets that stay inside the small coil... aluminum cans, cap tops and big iron have an elongated bellowing tone that sounds through the entire pass of the coil. Wire, bobby pins, and tabs have their own twang, raspy sound or double beep that can help you out with an idea what it might be before you dig..

When you've done all that dig everything and you can't go wrong!!!:biggrin:

The area where I hunt is heavily worked and has been since water machines have been available.

PI machines are a must for those deep old targets and have been my machine of choice for years.

Mr. Dual Field is my detector since 2009 and has been a real winner for me!!

Lots of time spent using PI machines of other kinds gave me an edge with the DF, but it has been the easiest to use of them all for me.

GL&HH,

CJ

Thanks for the tips. So tuning isn't difficult? Sounds like the audio is helpful in discriminating targets,by size & sounds.

Thanks for all the tips. So tuning it is fairly easy? Sounds like the audio is helpful in discriminating targets by size, as well as sounds.