Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How many are using Tiger shark?

John (Ma)

How may are using the Tiger Shark and which coil do you use? Which is best under most fresh water applications?

I've been using the Tiger Shark since 2001 (interchangeable coils), I am using the stock 8"coil, don't know if it's the best but all I ever used. The 8" is fairly deep in my fresh water lakes here in Ks.

Been using my Tiger Shark for nearly 10 years now.
First few years I used the 8" coil but then switched to a 10". I really like the 10" coil and if I ever have to hardware the coil I would choose the 10". I do a lot of beach detecting and the bigger coil is nice to have. Also both the 8" and 10" slices through the water very nicely.
Performance wise I don't notice much difference between the two coils.
I can't say enough good things about the Tiger Shark. It has been a workhorse for me.

Thank you for your replies and encorage any more, thank you

I bought the Tiger Shark back around 2000 with the 8" concentric coil and I also purchased the pigtail that allows one to use any 5-pin Tesoro coil on the Tiger Shark. The pigtail is not waterproof so it cannot be submerged under water. Some of the beaches I was hunting back then were pretty trashy and it was nice to be able to use a smaller coil for those areas up on the dry sand or wading. Overall I am pleased with the Tiger... just wish I had more time to escape to the lake with it!

I been using the 8" tiger for about 5 years now. It does good on small gold jewlery. It is plenty deep enough for me. I have never had any trouble with mine either... KEN from Ind.

A great detector for underwater detecting. I have used it, an Excal 2 and AT Pro and by far the Tiger Shark is my favorite for freshwater hunting. I had an older model with the 8 and 10" coils and preferred the smaller coil. I've a Whites BHID on the way used and will check it out soon as I can find a water hunt day but I don't hold out much hope that it will be better than the Tiger Shark.

Habanero said:
A great detector for underwater detecting. I have used it, an Excal 2 and AT Pro and by far the Tiger Shark is my favorite for freshwater hunting. I had an older model with the 8 and 10" coils and preferred the smaller coil. I've a Whites BHID on the way used and will check it out soon as I can find a water hunt day but I don't hold out much hope that it will be better than the Tiger Shark.
I tried one of them. I hated it. SORRY. It was heavy. It was also very hard for me to swing. I did not like the BIG coil. I could not sell it fast enough. I hate to say all the bad things about it, but, it just was not for me. Many people like them. I guess I have used my tiger for to many years to try something new... KEN from Ind.

Bought my Tiger this spring, use it mostly in fresh water. I use it in shallow rivers in moving water so I went with the 8" coil for better control, mine is hard wired. I like it so far, tried it for a week this summer in salt water/sand, the salt mode works, it does balance in salt mode, but I do notice a reduction in depth from fresh water/sand. I don't hunt salt water enough to justify buying a Pi machine. Hits small stuff better than a Pi, and it weeds out iron by the abruptness of the tone. Knowing what I know now, I would buy a Tiger again.