Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How many besides me want a Vista that discriminates up to knocking out zinc pennies?

Druid

I have been in touch with Deeptech regarding them producing a "North American" edition like the Sprite UK version but built for our hunting conditions.
Disc that goes from all metal accept to knocking out zinc.
Anybody else want one?
If so lets let them know.
Cheers,
Drew.

That would be fine I guess for the coin shooter. But most coin hunters prefer a machine with a screen to more accurately ID coins. For most relic hunters like myself, I very seldom run my disc up past foil for fear of losing a great low conductive relic. Sometimes I may run my Tejon up closer to nickel if alot of trash is present. I really would like to try out one of the vista gold gains. Think it could be a great fit for me and my style of hunting.

I hear ya digger,
if you had a unit with a larger disc range you can still leave it low at any point of the scale for relic hunting, and retain the option to fine tune if you happen upon a site such as a private yard permission where you can't dig everything. Nice to have the option to choose what you want to disc out; want to dig it all? Pulse induction rules.
Just takes a great machine and makes it more versatile. Check out beep and dig forum, lot's of love for audio only machines, and lot's of hunting scenarios to cover.
Cheers,
Drew.

I wonder why deeptech machines only disc up to foil...? Does this some how in the design of these machines, make them deeper by having a lower discing ability?

I expect it is because the original design brief was for a machine for use on European sites where, due to the long history of human occupation/activity they dig everything above iron as good finds are all over the scale.
Don't know if it would have an effect on depth of detection, some machines lose depth others don't seem to.
Cheers,
Drew.

If Tesoro truly is done I think a lot of the faithful would try one of the Deeptech machines if they had a wider disc range, it would certainly increase their versatility.
Cheers,
Drew.

Guess DT doesn't have a large customer base in N. America to warrant another new detector specifically for US treasure hunters with expanded disc range.
Maybe if they did make such a detector, popularity of DT would increase and many more would take another look at DT's.
One factor would be price, in line with what current Tesoro owners are willing to pay. $500 for a beep and dig.

Sven said:
Guess DT doesn't have a large customer base in N. America to warrant another new detector specifically for US treasure hunters with expanded disc range.
Maybe if they did make such a detector, popularity of DT would increase and many more would take another look at DT's.
One factor would be price, in line with what current Tesoro owners are willing to pay. $500 for a beep and dig.

Sven. I've been poking around the Deep Tech forum. Getting a hang for what their built for. Right now I'm not seeing their price in American currency.
I'm probably missing it somewhere, maybe you could steer me onto it.

Contact Backwoods, Findmall Sponsor https://www.backwoodsmetaldetectors.com/product-category/new-metal-detectors/deep-tech/

Yep....Get in touch with Richard at Backwoods detectors!! He's the man to talk to about DeepTech machines! I bought a used Smart+ off him a while back. He can help you.

Richard fm Backwoods, is a good man. I contacted him about a DT for my hunting needs. (Park hunting) He has a good deal on a Warrior. But he sensed it wasn't the machine for my needs. Didn't push it. But I let him know, if DT comes up with that one were waiting on, let me know. I'll say right now that David Ogle , another sponsor, is a goodin also.

Good work Drew, follow up as per my email back to you.
I would love to see DT take a step forward in the right direction.
And put another DT in my arsenal. Need a excuse to get another DT.
:twodetecting:

I would definitely take a hard look at the VG IF they had something like one tone for each TID that would be sweet!!! (ex. 0-50 or 0 -100) I love my multi-tones. :) I wouldn't even be concerned with higher discrimination if they had these two other features. I would also like to see an Auto GB feature too. Am I asking for too much? :rofl:

So let's add on a option or a few on a North America version of the Deep Tech. The added discrimination, gotta be first. At least 2 tones. Waterproof coils, think their already there on that. Manual ground balancing, done. Looking around noticed a competitor has a unit rated as splash proof. (Under $300) This option doesn't seem to be a real expense. But sure would draw in more interest for looking into this Hybred. Sleek up the box a bit, give it a take me home price.
Call it the "Privateer" or something. With added Splash proof, I'm not sure but I don't think even Tesoro offered this. Outside of their Pulse Induction.

Yes full disc range on a Deeptech and I would be in heaven!

The audio is SOOOOO good on Deeptechs that full disc for cherry picking in iron for High conductors would make me sell my other machines.

Even a simple three tone mode would work just have it break to third tone at zinc cent like the GMP does.

Deeptech has a great platform and in my soil unmatched depth to be honest..and quite possibly the best iron un-masker made coil for coil.

and if it had some more disc range above foil It would be all I need.

Do I dare say if it had an ID meter to boot!!

Dont mess with the audio or try to make tit sound digital..there's tons of that stuff. the analog audio DNA is the bets there is.I can tell weird shaped non ferrous and round shaped non ferrous in a sea of iron with the audio feed..I can usually call a button or coin before I dig it by the ROUND sound..

This is a great platform and with some tweaking It can be world class in all aspects I feel.

I love to use my VGG in beat on sites and see what everyone has left.

Id like to be able to use it in mixed use sites and work my way backwards as I go.from cherry picking to dissecting as time passes on the site..I hate swapping machine's to be honest especially when the Deeptech audio is so addictive..with some added disc or extra tone or even Visual ID.Id never have to swap around as I go.

Keith

Yup, Keith nailed it, and now is a great time, to take this opportunity and make it happen.
I am looking forward to owning such a DeepTech...............
:thumbup: