Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How many class ring have you ever found ?? What is the oldest ?

Only two. First one was 10k from 1931. Second one was one of the modern junk metals. It had been lost for two years. I recognized the name in the ring as being the daughter of a man I had worked with for 14 year. She had gotten a replacement and had not told her Dad. Mom confessed when I called. I gave it to her Dad.

How many class ring have you ever found ?? What is the oldest ?

I have found perhaps 12 to 14 in over 5¾ decades of detecting, but that's because I didn't Beach / Water Hunt veery much, and I also seldom worked a lot of sports fields or typical school-related sites where they might be found. A lot of Coin Hunting for almost 2 decades, but the common places like parks and schools, but a lot of other recreation and picnic sites. Just few class rings, and I never found any with a date older than maybe 1940 or so. Then, since mid-'83, I have concentrated on working old sites, such as homesteads, military and pioneer encampments, ghost towns and so on, where class rings are sure not going to be a frequent find. I don't think I have found a class ring since about the mid-'90s even though I have hunted a lot. Just not where they were/are likely to be.

Monte

In my 49 years of detecting I have found a few of them, not sure how many. I figure it is around 10-12 with the oldest 1912 I believe it was. I always try to return them to the owner if I can as the thrill of it is second to none. One I didnt try and it bugs me to this day as it was a 1972 college class ring that was very nice, but I was laid up and needed the money and sold it for the gold back in the early 80 for $100. Most rings I were able to return I am ask how much for finding it and I say it is their property and what ever they feel like giving which have been $5 to $20 as the look on their faces to see it again is good enough for me. One nice diamond ring I found for a lady gave me $50 and another lady lost her 25 anniversary ring and she spoiled my kids with rides on her husband garden tractor and fed them Ice cream while we detected their old home yard. When I found it and showed it to her as she was about 50 feet from me when I ask her if this is what she was looking for and she came at me and thought she was going to tackle me, but she just grabbed me and was kissing me while crying from being so happy to get it back. Its memories like these that make it all worth it and you never forget them even though that was about 40 years ago.

Rick