Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How Many different #'s does it take to say Pennie ! Gettin Older and Grumpier by the minute:bouncy:

Grumpyolddiver

Question........I am just learning the sounds and numbers on my new etrac and am trying to make some sense of the FE and Co #s.Do you use both numbers all the time or one.And are you listening to the numbers or tones mostly.I printed the 4 pages of numbers for different items and see that there must be enough different #s for the diff.years of pennies to make a Collage entrance exam. Have only had a couple hrs out so far and will get the hange of it,but am so used to the Excal that I think That I May Be Spoiled (I'll denie I ever said that !) Shure hope My Wife doesn't read this post....:heh: Any help is welcome and hopefully I can get out tomorrow for some fun. Grumpy

You will get to where you recognize targets by sound. The E-Trac is set up for all the good targets to show up on the Fe 12 line, however the FE number can fluctuate according to depth and ground conditions or other targets above or below or next to your good target. For instance you may get a solid sort of warbled signal and the numbers may show up as 35-46. This could be a US quarter with a junk target above or below the good one.

12-36, 12-37,12-38 are usually junk zinc penny's. Your 1982 and older penny's will come in at 12-42 12-43 and dimes will also show up as 12-43,12-44. If your in an area that may produce Indian head cents you don't want to pass up 12-33 to 12-38 because that is where they come in at.

The more targets you get out and dig the more your relationship with the E-Trac will grow and you will see how well this machine separates the good targets among junk. Personally I listen to the sound, but I do find myself looking at the CO number which my brain usually relates the sound with the number and I associate it with what I will be digging. Of course with any detector it is not 100% fool proof.

I just purchased an Excalibur II 1000 and it came in yesterday, I have already tested coins and several items of jewelry to listen to the tones, then I hit the neighbors yard and dug some penny's and pull tabs 4 to 6 inches deep. I think I will love this machine on the beach while on vacation this year. The E-Trac is an awesome machine for the beach too, too bad it is not waterproof.

Good Luck
BCOOP

The first time I tried a friends excal. I used it for about 5 minutes and handed it back to him.It was just wierd!!! Well long story short is that I now have two and would be heart broken if either one stopped working.I have used almost all of the underwater detectors in the last 35yrs of diveing.And for the midwest the excal I believe is the best bet.The head hunter and the tesoro water unit's do pretty good on small stuff and chains but the Excal is my choice for the water.I bought the Etrac full well knowing that I would hate it to begin with.All those new numbers to remember(Ohhh Cr***p)But Once you get to old to learn or try a new machine your on the the way out.MHO So with all this being said try to ignore the grumbles that will probably be coming your way untill I get it figured out. Thanks In Advance Grumpy

I didn't get the E-Trac to find shallow clad so I had to forget the FE 12 concept. On the deeper coins I dug FE was all over the scale and often the CO was jumpy. Many of the really deep coins I dug were done so ONLY by sound. If I had limited myself to the FE 12 idea or and predictable CO, I'd probably never found a single one of my deep coins from a worked over park.