Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How many do you have?

magic

Well, it's the middle of winter and I have already lined up about 10 new sites for spring. This is the time of year to prepare for the up coming season. Lots of research! Also, this is a year with some substantial snow where I am at so this is going to be a good spring for gold ring hunting on the sled hills. Being that it is so wet here now and with the frost heave,...I think this late winter and early spring will be a really good hunting time here. How many places have you found that's new that you plan on going to when the weather breaks? If you haven't found any yet,..better get on it! Spring is just around the corner!

this hits me well today as my wife and I were traveling to my monthly metal detecting meeting yesterday, we ventured onto some country side roads in search of some abandoned empty farm houses, and we found dozens that looked like great prospects. cant wait for spring to get here

Hey Doug give me a call.TRIED YR # SEVERAL TIME DONT SEEN TO WORK.LATER BRO!

More than you can shake a stick at old trails too old dog and horse tracks
and old homesites old old

That's is a great idea for sure but where I live on the gulf Florida Alabama line we get to hunt all year, I used to live just north of you in Michigan and I know all to well about those long dreary winters, I hunted for 5 hours yesterday as it was almost 70and found a wheat penny.

Zero. I haven't asked anyone to hunt there properties. I know of a couple that I will check out, but it is freezing right now.

mgtmadness said:
Zero. I haven't asked anyone to hunt there properties. I know of a couple that I will check out, but it is freezing right now.

Me neither. I see plenty of nice spots but I haven't knocked on a door in this hobby yet, and I do not simply see a long time vacant farm or homestead while driving around and figure I've found a place to hunt. Word of mouth is the only new spots I find, or by discovering new parks I've missed. martin

isn't frozen, there will just be the typical 'local' urban sites that I keep a watch on for ANY good-potential renovation work. When 'Spring' gets here and the weather is pleasant (not frozen or wet) I'll start my typical playground hunts just for something to do until I "Head out of town." Over the past 15 years or so I have averaged 12 gold rings a year just from wood-chip playgrounds in parks and schools, plus a lot of other gold and silver jewelry items. That, and a fair share of 'flash money,' too.

But, as I stated, that's when I am stuck in the big city environment. My favorite sites are far from city (other than good renovation work in older use areas), such as ghost towns and homesteads and the like. Like you sad, for some of us who are suffering from 'cabin fever' due to snow, a lot of rain and the addition of freezing cold weather, it's time for RESEARCH! My good hunting buddies and I have a few ghost town trips already planned for mid-April, a couple of weeks in June, ad I will work in at least three more locations between then and mid-September. A few will be sites I camp at and spend several days hunting.

More planning to do, however, as the weather is still crappy!

Monte

Thats too bad I hunt all year around here in Southern Cal

Hint for great finds in Indiana........look up and get into the ditches that used to be the erie canal that runs through Fort Wayne

Good luck and let me know mortamus@gmail.com

I found 3 to 5 potential sites for this year. I will go back over the previous sites that I hunted from last year to a couple of years back. It's been a mild winter but dry here in NM so no bad weather, still waiting.

TC-NM