Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How Many have Found Silver while Dragging the Coil?

Was out again at an old school today. I had mapped out areas on the grounds where I wanted to hunt. I had just arrived and was walking to my first area. While I was walking I was dragging the coil on the ground to get the machine acclimatized to the soil when I heard the sweetest high tone. I had to go back and investigate it. It was a 4-way 12.47-48 on my Minelab which is a really high tone which you can see with half dollars and silver jewelry. The target was at 4in. When I turned the plug I saw a fairly large mens silver ring. It is not marked but passed the silver acid test.
The rest of the hunt was pretty much a loser in the areas I had hoped would be good, yielding only 2 1940's wheats...

I sure am glad I drug that coil!!!

I am sure there are other coil dragging stories. Post em up!!

I was on vacation in North Carolina and only had one chance to hunt while the wife was taking a 3 hour nap.
I was at a large soccer complex near the hotel searching around the stands and sidelines but didn't find much.
On the way back to the car I notched out everything on the F2 except dimes and quarters and I was just dragging that coil along the grass next to the sidewalk just hoping for some lucky last minute silver.
I got a dime signal about 20 yards from the parking lot in the grass and bent down to dig a dime but this orange blossom silver ring came up instead.
I know it wasn't a 4 leaf clover but it looked like one and this was a lucky find and I stopped on the way back to the room to get some gas and in the display of scratch tickets I saw this one with clovers so I bought 2.
One was nothing, the other was again real lucky.

Another time I was at the end of a hunt at a local park and had not found much so I took my Vaq and the large DD coil and literally ran around this large area swinging wildly just looking for on good "Hail Mary" signal to dig before I left.
Again luck was with me and I heard a quick solid tone, stopped to examine it further, dug a hole and got a beaver tail tab from about 4" down but I stuck my Propointer back in the hole and got another signal in the sidewall about an inch in.
Tangled up in the grass roots I found this 14k wedding band...another very lucky find.

Nice, it seems to me most of my good finds come at times like this, I'm ready to call it a day so just scanning sloppily on the way out of the park and beep... :heh:

Revier that is a dogwood flower. Dogwood is the state flower for nc.

I was hunting an old park once, decided to call it quits for the day . I kept the coil on the ground walking back to the car and got a nice signal. dug down and found one of my nicest barber dimes!

runninnavaho said:
Revier that is a dogwood flower. Dogwood is the state flower for nc.

Thank you!
I meant Dogwood, but I still pretended it was a 4 leaf clover.
I actually gave this ring away.
Another hunter said she loved it and had some earrings to match and really wanted to buy it from me.
She was a fellow Michigander, (my home state), the thing wasn't worth much as melt because it was so small so I just stuck it in one of those little "if it fits...it ships" boxes from the PO and sent it off to her no charge.
Anytime anybody will appreciate something I find more than me I am glad to help out, and it wasn't doing anything for me just sitting in a pile waiting to be melted for a few bucks.
I got good Karma points, evidently because lots of great stuff came out of the ground for me right after I did this.

I have found a few silver and one gold finds while holding my coil low while walking, wouldn't actual drag it. Also found a few eyeball finds while walking this way, a twenty and a cell phones.

Ed D.

Just got to a park, put on my headphones and started to noise cancel my Explorer SE Pro.
After it cycled thru the tones, I set the coil on the ground in front of me to put on my light gloves
and must have set the coil right on top of a nice silver ring. The resulting high pitched tone just
about blew my eardrums out and scared my little self too boot. :lmfao:

Coil dragger here too! Along the edges of sidewalks and especially along the edge of the beach where the water is breaking in that little riffle..its just so much easier to drag the coil than to try to swing it in that situation, and a guy does cover a lot of ground fast.:thumbup: I guess ground covered is ground covered, its better to drag the coil while walking than to have the detector turned off and over your shoulder, at least you have a chance!
Mud

Year's ago when I first got into this hobby that was a common thing for me to do. I had an old coinmaster4 that I would push the coil ahead of me when going or returning from a spot. Well this one morning I parked a block away from a small park that I just knew held some older coins. I walked down the sidewalk past the library to the small park and began my search. Two hours later I gave up with nothing to show, so as usual I put the coil to the ground and pushed it ahead of me behind the library back to the car. When I got next to a bridal wreath bush behind the library I got a real good signal, it turned out to be 3 barber dimes and a merc. in one hole. Before I was done that day I had ten Barber dimes, a few mercs, a couple of indianheads and a couple silver quarters. Ya never know
HH Gary

When I had my Vaquero, I found a Spanish half real dragging the coil across a field to a chosen spot. Another time dragging the coil across a field I found a King George 1700's penny with my Fisher ID Edge. I never shut my detector off till I get to the car.