Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

how many hours

john sullivan

most of the posts showing coins found. what would say would be the average time spent per hunt. after about 2 hours of hunting i am tired.

my tiny tot lot took bout half hour, it was perfect for me since I wear much sooner than the battery these days. Few years back a couple hours and it was surely break time.

On average after about 2 or 3 solid hours my concentration and patience starts to wane. I'll quit for the day or take a break depending on how good of a site it is

I think that an exceptional day of detecting for me would be six hours with a lunch break. As it is I tend to hunt maybe four hours on average

Two hours if it's at one of my tired old spots and I'm really desperate to hunt . If and when I find another new spot with some finds I'm sure I could do at least 4 hrs. . Nice finds keep me going .The old Explorer has gotten a bit heavier to me the last couple of years .

Good weather, promising new area and by myself dawn till dusk or two batteries worth which ever comes first. At 66 I only have so many more swinging days so I take advantage. :detecting::goodnight:

I'm weather dependent...if its overcast and cool 40 degrees with maybe a little wind and drizzle I can hunt for a long time...If its sunny and hot, only a few hours...I'd say 3hrs is my average...5am until 8am in the Summer.

I can really hunt long in the Spring and Fall on those overcast cool days...easter break weekends and thanksgiving break weekends I pack in some massive hauls..7-8hrs:thumbup:
Mud

Varies John. I can only get out once, maybe twice per week. Sunday is usually my swingin' day. Average is a few hours but if I have a good location I'll go 5-6 hours easy and I'm almost 64.
Bruce

My back usually begins to lock up after about 4 hours. If I know I'm staying out longer, I have to pre-medicate with Advil or something to lessen the pain.

74 here and swinging my (new to me) explorer XS for 2 - 3 hours on the beach makes me one pooped puppy. Located down the shore (NJ).

Yeah, after two hours I might be tired too but remember to change your shoes if they are not comfortable enough.
I also have a strap to tie up my Exp II and then around my right shoulder to take the weight off

My average time would be 2-4 hours depending on what I'm finding! When you have one of those days when you can't buy an old coin the detector starts to feel heavy after 2 hours. On those days when you have a good spot I could be out there 4-5 hours and the detector doesn't feel heavy at all :detecting: I'm 66

My total hours a day would be 6 hours just at sun up too noon on sundays only then im done for the day not tired just have other jobs too do :thumbup:

With the SE I used to get tired but after buying a harness I can now detect for about 5-6 hours. On Sunday I was out for so long the detector started telling me that the battery was going flat, I think that it may be to do with the amount of signals I was getting down the beach, I would get a signal and would then have to try and find somewhere there wasn't another signal before I could dig the first one. They all turned out to be large fishing weights over a hundred in two days and they fetch good money so I had a good couple of days, I now have another 100kg to go to the local fishing tackle shop. I am now 66 years young and try to get out a lot even if I don't think it much use as if I miss for more than a few days it starts gettin hard work.

Depends if your 20 or 70.....back in the day 20 years ago did 8 hour days with a lunch break, now at 76..... 2-3 hours is tops..

I do know you are sharpest at best perhaps for the first hour and downward after that no matter what age....