Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How many of you use the DISCOVERY 3300??

BEACH HUNTER

I just got one to use for dry sand beach hunting and wood chip parks/playgrounds...I am impressed with the air test I have run!! the target id is very accurate! what are some of your thoughts on this detector??

I've got one and must say for the money I spent on it was a very good investment. I don't know if I would buy one at full price because I could buy a better used, higher priced unit at that price. You are right about depth, it does particularly well on high conductors. I have enjoyed using mine and will keep it for when I want to clad/ ring hunt and for just quickly scouting an area out. I don't mind leaving it in the vehicle like I would my more expensive detectors. Nice detector for a low price, hard to beat.

so I can scout out areas,hit parks ect. Got a great deal on mine used also.I mostly beach/water hunt w/ A BEACH HUNTER ID. hate to put extra hours on it in parks or just scouting around...I defently don't want to leave it in the truck...heat would mess up water tight seals!!

:cool:I use Whites and Bounty Hunter/Fisher now exclusively. I have the Discovery 3300 and find myself reaching for it most often. The batteries are easy to load, its super light weight, it looks good, and the performance is so good that it surprises everyone that uses it! I don't even think First Texas knew what a great unit they had made for Radio Shack until the reviews came out. After that you had the Titan line made for KellyCo and the F4 for Fisher. So just keep this a secret because there wont be any coins left for the rest of us!!!:rofl:And Oh yes...I forgot...it's a nice gray color and not YELLOW!!!!:yikes:

Love mine.
Today found more gold, On the beach! Great coin shooter too...

I have one I keep in the car and take places on short notice. The machine is soooo light you can swing all day long. I still can't believe the depth on it and it loves nickels. I picked it up for my kid and knew nothing about it when purchased (bought new in banged up box at close-out place $49.00)!!!!! I thought it was a toy until I tried it in my back yard which I've hunted to death, so I thought. I found some deep coins with it. Anyway I always keep it in the car in case I spot a quick detect location. I still owe the kid another machine (still looking, LOL)! HH

I was looking into the Discovery 3300 als, and wondered where is stood in the BH lineup with the Lonestar, Quick Draw II or Sharpshooter models?

dennyd123

i don't think is in the regular bh lineup. it was made for radio shack and is the top detector of the discovery series. the other two being the 1100 and the 2200. although the coils for the discovery are interchangable with the other bh's and vice versa. i have used a 4 and 10 inch coil from my landstar on the discovery 3300 with no problems. happy thanksgiving

I use mine everywhere and anywhere, beach, parks, shallow water. I have come up with lots of nice things and also a whole lot more trash. But, i just think I'm making it easier for my next trip. 3300 yes is sold by radio shack but all the ones in my area have stopped caring them, why I'm not sure. What i have found out is that you make the detector work, swing speed, ground balance, batteries used, angle of the coil. As in all detectors once you learn to master these variables your detector really "sings". My advice is simple read your owners manual and Join a club. the lessons learned will repay in increased finds.

Been detecting about 40 years now. Started with a Red Baron. Then I used a Freedom Coin Commander. After that I used a Garrett GTA1000 and have had great success with each unit. I just purchased a used Discovery 3300 and tried it in my front yard today. My yard has been searched numerous times. I found one clad Quarter, one clad dime, one 1970 Nickel, five pennies and one small (3/16 X 3/:geek: piece of gold from a piece of jewelery. All of these were found between the sidewalk and the curb. I was amazed at the ease of use and light weight. I don't know what the future holds for my success, but I was pleasantly surprised with this short test. All things considered I think it is a very fine detector for the money.

I have had one for about a year that I got on sale for $86 and for a low priced detector it can not be beat.
At the normal price of $299 it is overpriced but at $200 or less it is a good buy.

The 3300 is not equivelent to ANY other Bounty Hunter in the lineup...it is it's own unique species. Below is a pic of the 3300. Note the Target ID that is more like the Time Ranger, but the layout is like no other BH machine...I kinda like the looks of this one.

http://www.metaldetector.cc/ProductImages/bounty%20hunter/BHdiscovery3300-LR.jpg

BH-LandStar