Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How many of you went from a minelab to a V3?

Bill_S

What are your thoughts now. Any pros or cons. I would like to try the V3i but already own the Etrac and as you know they are not cheap.....;o) I am mostly a park hunter for coins and jewelry. But have areas where a lot of the good targets are masked or real deep.

From my signature you can see I have both a Whites and Minelab. I know many people will disagree with me so remember it is [size=large]MHO.[/size] I think the Minelab is more a one purpose detector. It is great for deep silver. I'm not saying the V3i won't find deep silver. In every other respect the V3i is the winner, and I mean everything else for sure. ROB

Read the coming back to whites post on this page.

Hey Rob:sent in my V3i to Whites today.Could not get a signal in any of my programs.Called Whites they talked me through a master reset.Same result! Changed coils still no signal.Have you ever had one suddenly puke like this?Haven't had much luck with this m/d and hope that whites will figure it out,I believe its still warranted so I remain hopeful that it is a box problem and fixable.

Nope never heard of it happening. I've had several prototypes with both the Vision, V3, and V3i labels. I've also had my own V3 and now have a V3i. I've NOT had a problem. I don't think you've had a V3i for more than 2 years. I've had guys in my part of the country send their unit in to the local repair center and had it back in a week.

You said, "Haven't had much luck with this m/d". Would you explain?

Rob:your post notes you've had a problem with your v3i,or did I misunderstand.". I've had a problem"???? ( I made a typo and changed my mistake, I had no problem, sorry) you note.
I've struggled with the learning curve,but really felt like I turned a corner by the great info available on here and the other forums.
Customized a few progs.,read the gurus suggestions, tried to soak up as much as I can.Its been a year now and with more free time now, I expect things will improve when the m/d comes back.I am sure Whites will take care of me,and anyhow it is too dry here in sweltering Pa.with baked ground 90+ temps and some new local ordinances making it tough for the m/d hobbyists.I'll use this time for productive research as this area near Phila.is about as historic as it gets.Thanks for the reply I'll keep you posted on developments on the m/d....Jack

I know we have several PA. guys on the forum if you are looking for help.

Bill
I went from an Etrac to a V3i and never looked back.My silver count hasn't suffered.My gold finds are alot higher.I just do better hunting with the Whites detectors.Yes I found deep silver with my Etrac but I have also found it with my V3i.Learning what the detector is telling me is the key.Bill

Neil, as Larry has posted they have relaxed the restrictions on comparison posts. That is unless they again degenerate into "mine's bigger than yours matches". So just keep it real. ROB

I wasnt looking to get into any debates or comparisons just seeing if there was anyone that has switched and was happy or switched and regretted it.

Rob (IL) said:
Neil, as Larry has posted they have relaxed the restrictions on comparison posts. That is unless they again degenerate into "mine's bigger than yours matches". So just keep it real. ROB

But mine truly is bigger! :poke: :rofl:

Ok, I'll quit provoking you. But it was funny.

The Shark

I went from V3 to Etrac and will be going full circle back to a V3i over the winter.Made some nice finds with the Etrac,but I can definately decipher the Spectra language much better.

I'm looking at trading my E-Trac for a V3i right now. Both are fantastic detectors and I really like the way the E-Trac makes finding that deep silver a breeze, but I really liked my V3i as well.

I watched your videos on youtube of you with the V3. They were good. I like it when people show the screen and TID. You need to make some more......;o)

Mike I'm not sure what you are talking about. What ordinances? ROB

I order my V3i this morning and its on its way! :hot: I had the Etrac until last weekend when I sold it and now hope to be headed in the different direction. If you think like I did and just think Silver it is a good machine but if you want more ( Gold ) you'll not get it unless its a large piece. My friend and co-worker are lucky enough to have been detecting buddy for around 31 years and talk MDing almost everyday, we were talking about us both were coin hunters and in the early 80's would set out detectors to not pick up nickles ( so we never had to dig pull tabs) and as we talked about how much gold we had missed out. I was talking about my Etrac and its deep silver and we were discussing in our area how deep coins are found. We also started talking about gold and the price of gold, so we shifted toward the need to hunt more coin and jewelery and I seen I wanted to find even the smallest pieces of gold jewelery that the Etrac would never respond too. Everyone hate to think that the coins found today are gone to the finder and silver coins are getting less, but gold is lost everyday and will be....so gold is what I want more of....along with the deep silver. :thumbup:

HH Rick

One way to think about. I find nothing wrong in your thinking. Gold will not be found in the quantities that it is found on the beaches. The V3i will still find deep silver. ROB