Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How many Sovereign people used the S-1 Sun Ray Probe

Ron from Michigan

Staff member
I 've used the Sun Ray probe on a lot of different detectors but the S-1 worked the best including better than the X-1 used on the Explorer. This is an older big box model I cut down to 1/3 from its original size. For me the older probes worked better.

Ron,

That is the probe I use on my GT, it has a lot of miles on it and never let me down. I feel this was the best probe SunRay made and it was the original probe for the Sovereigns as the others were made latter after the S-1 was so well liked. The thing I really liked with my Sovereign as I used the pinpoint option on the GT so now after I pinpointed the target I switch over to the probe and and was ready to find the target. Like many hunters do is chase down those iffy signals and after finding the area of the target I could switch over to disc and see if it is a good target or a signal from a rusty nail or even a good target close to a piece of iron. I love my S-1 probe and the Sun Ray DTI3 meter on my GT.

Rick

Rick, one of the deepest dime I found was because the S-1 probe was being used. After the halo was broken I lost the target completely, digging a small hole on a 45 degree angle for about 6 inches I retrieved a seated dime, This target was at least a foot down. With a good reading from the probe I was motivated to do the extra work to recover this target. This target was so deep I could only get a short blip of 176 on the 180 meter from the Sovereign wiggle. I use the Garrett Pro pin pointer a lot to save weight on long searches, but at the cost of performance.

Ralphs probes are great. Never had one on the Sov, but did on the Exp. I really preferred them to hand held that interfered with the detector and you could loose. Great depth.... other probes are just now catching up. Sure made for clean recoveries on shallow targets too.

Ralph, made a great probe, the Sovereign with a S-1 probe worked the best and could be the reason I was disappointed with the X-1 on my Explorers. The wireless probe, good idea, but these icons who use the Deus in the field are still using their Garrets probably for a good reason. Yea the wireless probe is the future. By the way in my coin garden the Sovereign is performing well against the XP Deus, Spring weather in MI.and I'll be hunting in my parks.

These photos will drive the wireless people nuts. Performance of this probe is still one of the best.

The Sovereign probably has more cables than most detectors on the other hand the XP Deus is just the opposite.