Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How many still use the Coinstrike?

diggin4relics

My F-70 will be back from First Texas on Tuesday then I'll get the Coinstrike probably on Thursday. How is the depth on coins and round brass buttons. One field I hunt has been loaded with early 1800's 1 piece buttons in the past.
I've got alot of reading of previous posts to learn more about the Coinstrike. I really like the F-70 but I wanted to try a Coinstrike too. I mostly coin and relic hunt. Any help would be appreciated.

Thats the secret with coinstrike

The coin strike was Fishers(OLD FISHER) First attempt ,and last, I think at a true digital machine..It was also a first for having Auto GB and ground tracking on a Fisher Machine.. It was different, had a high end retail on it, and many stayed away from it... I used one and actually loved it.
I now have a Fisher F75, and to be totally honest..The cost of machines has reached the level..You just can not afford to have as many as you want.
The C$ was a much underrated machine, that in fact had great potential, and still does..It's deadly in trash with the 5" coil....It's very deep with the 8 " coil and I never used one, but believe it has a 10.5 Coil too.. You have to adjust Sens, and threshold together for maximum depth and all the abilities the machine is capable of..It's not hard just a little different.. They work great, and I think Richards at Backwoods detectors just posted he has new one in stock..Hope I am not wrong about that..Get it you will like it, but expect to have a little learning curve on using it..You will not go wrong..It's a good detector.

n/t

Theres the thresahold setting of -5 to -10 but thats not 5.25.. and if the machine tracking is unstable recommended 5, 4 on sensitivity

try these setting when you get it

Iron disc 99
Sens 8
Notch eliminate pulltabs
threshold -5 to -15 and just watch they baby start hitting on the coins...

Auto ground balance..with tracking on

Thanks Elton, I really do appreciate all the advice. I've got to start reading alot of the older posts about the Coinstrike. I already know pretty well what the F-70 will do. I got to use it a little before I had to send it back. Thank goodness it will be back tomorrow.

Mike

I hear it's just about same depth as the F75..Is that a fact ???

Hey gene, Is that for improvement on the tracking mode... it does seem like I may have read something on that a while back..but didn't think of it.

and not so jumpy if you know what I mean. Cuts down on some of the false signals too I am thinking.
When you run with a negative threshold you should have a more stable detector with I.D. numbers
that aren't jumping all over the place. You have to make sure though you don't go too far negative that
you will sacrifice depth. I like to think of it is kind of averaging the threshold and sensitivity for the best
results where you are hunting. You can try this yourself the next time you strongly suspect you have a
deep coin. Without digging it at first try different sensitivity and threshold settings and just see how your
Coinstrike reacts. You might just be surprised. You can store these settings in the memory so it would
be simple to check. These are just my opininions and I am not an expert by any means. I just try
different things and keep using what seems to work for me. Good hunting to you Elton !

I've been using a Coinstrike, and for the most part I like it. It's susceptible to EMI, so YMMV around power lines and communications equipment.

Many times I doubt I'm getting the depth that I should be. I understand picking up my swing speed might increase depth.

Aside from that the only other thing I can imagine that would help is tweaking the threshold (closer to zero should = more depth).

HH,
Brian

The closer you can keep the th to 0 and the higher you can keep the sen the deeper she will hunt.Make sure that you gb in a good area with no metal about 3 feet around you.Here in Louisiana i can run the th at -1 and the sen at 10 and she will ride the f75 like never before.

Had the C$, got the fever to try a couple of other machines, and moved on. I missed the C$ the whole time, and just got another one. No regrets!

w

for Sens and Threshold that will run smoothly in most situations.
The general rule of thumb for max depth is to get your Threshold as high as possible first, then balance it out with a high Sens. If you have to compromise a lower Sens for a higher Thresh to get the machine to run smoothly, then thats the way to go.

w