Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How many still using a 1266?

Got one I use every so often..
On relic sites... It being 4.8 freq (I think?) it can still make finds some of the newer Toys miss...joe

I use an old 1265x. I compared it side by side with a 66 I had a year ago and kept the 65. I keep it as a back up/ loaner. I’ve been through a number of machines in the past but just can’t seem to part with it.Very nice detectors.

In most cases I feel the newer machines are better at separating out coin type targets, but as far as depth goes, the 1266X with the spider coil goes about as deep as todays newer detectors. It is a great relic detector and with an experienced user it can go toe to toe hitting coin type targets. Years ago it was the first Fisher product that I used and my finds increased from day one over my other older brand detector.

I still have a first version 1266 that I got free from a neighbor, sometimes I get it out, and lately I can't seem to be able to get out and hunt at all, with anything!

I use an old 1265x. I compared it side by side with a 66 I had a year ago and kept the 65. I keep it as a back up/ loaner. I’ve been through a number of machines in the past but just can’t seem to part with it.Very nice detectors.
The solid coil goes deeper than the spider coil.

In most cases I feel the newer machines are better at separating out coin type targets, but as far as depth goes, the 1266X with the spider coil goes about as deep as todays newer detectors. It is a great relic detector and with an experienced user it can go toe to toe hitting coin type targets. Years ago it was the first Fisher product that I used and my finds increased from day one over my other older brand detector.
Solid coil goes deeper than the spider coil.

Yep,have had lots of 1266's in my time just turned 79 and still active,just think how it would go if for some reason Fisher would start making a few "Special Addition" 1266x detectors?Good mercy every time I think about a special 1265X like brand new on fee-bay I kick myself.Just missed a like new fisher 1265x like right out of the box from a seller who for sure did not know what he had:eek: Missed it by 30 minutes went for about $150:rolleyes:That was a buy of a life time!!Wish I had the pictures it would blow your socks off,oh well guys keep your eyes open might find another one in a hundred years:LOL:

I had to sell mine as I was digging too much iron mostly with higher sensitivity (with boost on), it sounded so good the deep iron. Personally I would not go back to the 12 66 x.

Just get used to digging iron with the 12 66 X I dug LOTS with mine..

You're right about that CoinRobber, I did too. I hear that some relic hunters still use them as their main machines.