Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How many tones and why?

DGGR/NY

I'm curious to see the consensus from experienced T2 users: How many tones do you use the most and why?

DGGR
I am a coin hunter mostly. But do find old toy cars and other relic,s.
I only use the 3 tone and dig every thing that comes close to that tone.
Or mixed with the 3rd tone. Have tryed other tones but when coin hunting
the 3rd tone is the best. Have had the T2 sence June 06 and know it well.
I have a test Garden with all the us coins at 6 to 10". The silver Qter
at 10" hits good and strong and the ID# is right on. But that may be the ground condition as the ground reads 47 on Fe3O4 bar graph. Black
ground here in south east kansas. Hope this helps. HH don

I have tried them all and the 2+ is ok but 4 is ideal for the older detectorist with hearing problems.:thumbup:Jerry.

I use +2 for relic hunting so I can hear the iron. I have used dp at the beach a couple of times if it isn't too trashy. My main mode is +2 and watch the ID screen to let me know what it might be. I don't use any other modes.