Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

how many U.S. dollar coins do you clad hunters usually find in a year?

kansa54

Just curious because so far this year I have found 14, which seems like a lot. I've found about $300 in clad. I know our Canadian friends find lots of dollar coins but here in the states, it's not that common. At least not for me.

not a clad hunter here so to speak but I've only found 2 dollar coins this year and rarely ever..........

I didn't think anyone carried dollar coins. The only thing I can figure out is that the car washes here use dollar coins instead of tokens.

Zero for me

I have found two this year, both new golden President dollars

oneguy said:
not a clad hunter here so to speak but I've only found 2 dollar coins this year and rarely ever..........
Wow, a silver dollar! I didn't know anyone found those anymore. lol. Congrats on a great find but I was referring to clad dollar coins.

I have found five or six this year. Mostly Sacajawea, but a couple of the presidential gold colored coins. They seem to be mostly playground/schoolyard finds. I think the kids bring them for show and tell. I've never found a silver dollar.

In almost 6 seasons I have found one silver Peace dollar, two clad Ikes, three or four presidential coins and about a dozen Sacajawea dollars.

kansa54 said:
oneguy said:
Congrats on a great find but I was referring to clad dollar coins.

I realize that now that I saw posts stating like 6 or 7 dollar coins in a year? Apparently there are some dollar coins I've never seen or heard of out there? Only ones I know of are silver dollars, Ikes, and Sacajawea....? Never ever got an Ike or Sacajawea in change.... In 25 yrs of tecting I've only found 3 dollar coins, an 1879 Morgan and the 2 in pics above........

I only found 2 dollar coins last year and 14 this year. Not sure why such a huge difference. I would think that two would be more the norm.
Also, how about clad 50cent pieces? Only found 3 of those this year and 2 last year. Although I did find a Walking Liberty this year.

I have found 17 in three years of detecting. Some from the dirt in parks playgrounds ETC and some from the sand at the beach. I have found one walking liberty half and one Kennedy clad half. So far I have not found any silver dollars.

I usually find about a half dozen each year and about half that many halves. Most at the beach where they have parking meters that take dollar coins.

It's has always been a big ole fat zero for me. I have never found a dollar coin. If I were to find a silver dollar, I wouldn't even have to post it on here, yall would hear me hollering from here.

Rickey

Although I only park and school hunt when absolutely nothing else is available, I'd say I average 5 dollar coins a year. Now here's the weird part, in the last nine years, I've gotten exactly one Eisenhower dollar every year. Usually, they're Sacajawea or Susan B Anthony, but in the last couple of years I've gotten a few presidential dollars. My favorite of all time was two Morgan dollars about a foot apart.

I detected this $1 coin today and remembered the original post/interest here on the forum. I usually find between 10-20. I don't keep track of all the clad including the $1 coins but would estimate it's between 10-20 maybe a few more per year.