Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How much are fishing lead weights worth?

And if you find someone who wants the same styles of weights you have found for fishing, you can do a lot better than spot price. Just depends.
tvr

Yeah, save them up and sell them some day either at a garage sale or for scrap..its amazing how fast metals of all sorts start to add up and some guys get a nice check every year for this kind of stuff.
Mud

Melt them down and put the melted lead into a bullet mold. Then charge 35 to 50 cents a bullet. Bullets are getting real expensive and fishing weights make excellent bullet material.

Howard Snell said:
I live in NJ I think if I sold ammo they would accuse me of being an arms dealer.

Or a terrorist plotting something sinister, everything we do now is sketchy.

I think in some states, they consider you a enviroterrorist if you even possess lead weights. God help you if you use the term 'lead' and bullet in the same sentence there. Call DHS!!!!

LOL on the thread. It is so sad but true add a metal detector into the mix and your Al-Qaeda for sure. I would check with some locals at a pier and see what you get. My dad years ago always got his sinkers from guys selling them like that. Then he started melting lead and making his own.