Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How much Discrimination...

Dan'O

I have read several different ideas on how much Disc (mininum) we can run before it starts affecting things like tones etc.
I have used 3.1, 2.4 and don't seem to notice a difference. I want to use as little as possible but sometimes you just need to.

XP's ORX, two of them, and I keep their Disc. level at '7' with the Iron Volume 'On.'

That way I hear all iron with a low-tone audio for targets that register '7' or lower. I have a bunch of square nails and a few round nails from 'Switchback', 'Lost' and 'Lone Tree' and they all register with a '1', '2', '3' and '4' VDI numeric read-out, with most being a '2' or '3'. So far the Disc. level of '7' has been working just fine, at least for me and my wants and needs.

Monte

When I want to use the Iron Volume function, I use a Disc of 8. If you go much lower than that, Iron Volume will not work as intended.

If you are using the Deus, perhaps try the HOT program #9.
You hear everything as it uses an open discrimination.
The full tone audio picks out the non ferrous targets easily.

I have read several different ideas on how much Disc (mininum) we can run before it starts affecting things like tones etc.
I have used 3.1, 2.4 and don't seem to notice a difference. I want to use as little as possible but sometimes you just need to.

How much disc you run can make a difference.
Could depend on which coil one use some too and which frequency.
Deus can be strange cat here in this department.
Running disc around level 6.4 works well.
Now here’s is strange part.
One may be thinking lower disc may actually while using full tones make a nonferrous sound off better amongst iron. I have found a higher disc like 6.4 vs say 0 can indeed give nonferrous target signal a higher sounding pitch (easier recognizable) as nonferrous hit.
Good strategy for me to to run disc using full tones at disc levels of 2.5-3.
Btw
A question here.
Can a Deus user actually hear all nonferrous targets running full tones zero disc level that they can hear running disc level 6 and say 2 tone or 3 tone? The answer is no. Something to think about.

I would suggest that you give my US Relic program a try it is based on tone breaks and discrim working together with Iron Audio Which is one of the best features of the Deus. My programs are in both Deus books by Andy Sabisch and on my site. Deus is the best of all worlds for adjustability.

cttodd.com