Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How much is it worth? and other things heard when diggin

diggingFx

Congrats everyone on all the nice finds lately.. Just felt like sharing some silly things heard when diggin, like "How much is it worth". . Well to me it's priceless. You folks obviously understand. I also get the "I lost a dime" or "finding any landmines" and even the occasional "its mine" Surely some of you have heard "Do you have permission?" .. The one time I heard "You won't find anything there" I just so happened to find a 1896s full liberty quarter within half hour amongst other barber not quite as monitarily valuable... Shrug:rolleyes:, It doesnt bother me to much but it does get old sometimes. On another note Without even trying the other day on the way into someones house I fired up the machine and immediately nailed an 07 dime in xf condition... The thrill is unreal so I'll bear with the silly people that just dont understand.... sometimes I think they're just envious. HH and may you swing long time... Mike

I hunt a lot in city parks and don't get too many people stopping to talk. The ones that do stop to talk are usually curious. The question I get most is "have you found any gold?" I usually explain that I'm looking for silver, since the parks are very trashy and gold is hard to distinguish from aluminum. No one ever gives me a hard time about digging, since it's allowed and the parks are poorly maintained anyway. Most of the trees have brush growing around them because the lawn mowing crew doesn't trim close.

I feel people not in the hobby do not understand the hobby thus the reason for the things said comes to mind...I generally ignore any comments wearing earphones easy to do but will spend time with individuals who have an interest in the hobby...

When it gets to be to much, and people keep asking " hey mister what are you looking for " my response is "PEACE AND QUITE" They don't bother me much after that..
HH Butch NY.

I really didn't have too many hits on the beach that day and I wasn't going to show them the ring I had just found either. I knew it was 18k gold but didn't know about the stones. A couple hours later the local jeweler I took it to told me it was worth a couple thousand. I thought to myself, yeah I'll put up with occasional negative comments with a find like that in my pocket! I sold 2 of the three diamonds for $2000 and put the other one on a ring for my wife. It was a good week!