Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How much is luck? How much is skill?

Just wondering what you guys think. Sometimes I find things in places I don't expect to get anything. Some days I'm hot, most others I'm batting zero. How much is skill and how much is just plain old luck? Photo shows some silver I grabbed last week. Just when you think you know your ATX you get thrown a surprise. The silver chain sounded just like an aluminum can. I didn't even know it was silver until I got home because it was so shiny and sounded weird. Picked up a small 14k ring this morning.

Like the saying goes. Miss it by a inch, same as a mile.
Couple years ago I was deep into one of my gold dry spells. As I was going to take a break at a picnic table, Eye balled a 10k ladies ring right beneath the table. Go figure.

I'm not new to PI units, but I'm new to the ATX. I've hunted swimming holes many many times with other PI and VLF units, and I thought the holes were hunted out. But with the ATX, I have been finding gold again. The key thing I noticed immediately is that the finds are way deeper. So the ATX is reaching the deep gold jewelry. But I welcome any luck that comes with it.

Lake Hunter said:
I'm not new to PI units, but I'm new to the ATX. I've hunted swimming holes many many times with other PI and VLF units, and I thought the holes were hunted out. But with the ATX, I have been finding gold again. The key thing I noticed immediately is that the finds are way deeper. So the ATX is reaching the deep gold jewelry. But I welcome any luck that comes with it.

That's good to hear about the Atx. There's more than a couple of Big A owners finding this out.