Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

how my finds rang in today...

gunwolf

the VDI numbers posted are not the numbers I got/get while running 28 sensitivity, they are when I hit auto +3 to check a signal... I kept track of most today... clad quarters are spot on at 12-46, clad dimes most of the time are 12-44, but occasionally come in at 12-43, copper memorials are 99% of the time a 12-44, zincs are usually 12-38 unless corroded.. then it's a crap shoot. the large copper stuff I find is almost always a 12-47/48, with the exception of brass or heavy copper which usually drops the FE number to 6 so if I get a 6-47 I can almost always say it's a brass or heavy copper object.
the pins came in around the zinc range but the tone was "brighter" the Bullet also had a more intense tone than a zinc penny would have... this silver ring came in at a screaming 12-47/48 the wheats are all over the board... today I dug a few at 12-41, a few at 12-42, a few at 12-43... usually when I turn 180 and it jumps from 12-41/42 to 12-43 I know it's a wheat. I do not let the numbers determine if I dig or not... i go by tone, the smoothness of the tone, the intensity of the tone(especially on deep targets) and if the tone is in the same location when turning 180 deg... if your tone raises or lowers in pitch when you turn.. 90% of the time I have dug trash... consistent is what i dig... and yes I still get fooled, and yes I am probably missing a few keepers... we gotta leave something behind for the next guy.
Yy0B27m.jpg

That's a good write-up and assessment and I have very similar results with the etrac.
Thanks, hh

I wish I could film while hunting... today's wheats.. one came in at 12-35 bouncing to 41 on the 180 turn... the other was straight up 12-42 all day... both were about the same depth... I normally don't dig a 12-35(twist top bottle cap) unless it's 4" or deeper... but when I swung 180 and it hit 12-41 I knew what it was...

Why can’t you film while hunting Wolf? You mean you don’t have a camera? Go Pro Hero Session 5 is the best camera I’ve used yet....tiny, light, takes amazing film....but you’d have to get a used one on Marketplace or something, they’re out of production. Right now I use a Hero 7 Black on a headband, works good.

Why can’t you film while hunting Wolf? You mean you don’t have a camera? Go Pro Hero Session 5 is the best camera I’ve used yet....tiny, light, takes amazing film....but you’d have to get a used one on Marketplace or something, they’re out of production. Right now I use a Hero 7 Black on a headband, works good.
I'm technology challenged... I still use a flip phone and carry a Nikon Coolpix camera... I wouldn't know how to make a video... I was actually thinking of hiring someone to make a parody video of some of the MDers I watch... I'm all about the laugh and having a good time... a few or more than a few are straight up stiff and very boring. I would have so much fun... "hey look... a pull tab, do you think it's old"?

Reactions: tvr
I'm technology challenged... I still use a flip phone and carry a Nikon Coolpix camera... I wouldn't know how to make a video... I was actually thinking of hiring someone to make a parody video of some of the MDers I watch... I'm all about the laugh and having a good time... a few or more than a few are straight up stiff and very boring. I would have so much fun... "hey look... a pull tab, do you think it's old"?
I understand now....😂

My kids have go pro knock-offs... they do just fine, especially as they are in the $70 range.

I would think if you wore a safety yellow vest with reflective lettering on the back that said “Government Investigator”, walk around with your detector with the speaker volume up at full and declaring you are searching for illegal immigrants tunnels at VP Harris’ request, you will probably have professional people following you with really good cameras and it would be on the local news in short order rather that YouTube. Should take care of humorous urges for awhile.