Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How sensitive is your multi kruzer on low conductive targets?

Grumpie

I would assume a smaller coil like the 4 x 7.5 would be optimum for this but has anyone done any testing on very low conductive targets? How about birdshot or a gold clasp for diamond studded earrings? The factory equipped coil probably would fall short for this test.

I have the smaller size coil and it screamed on a piece of foil the size of an m&m. I was in 3 tone 14kz came in around 12 on the id scale. I'm still getting my practice on this machine. It definitely has alot of features!

A 1/2" long piece of 14 gauge aluminum wire in 4" of sand rang loud and clear for me in beach mode. And that was with the stock coil.

Grumpie,
Run 20KHz for tiny low conductor testing.
I don't have the MMK but using a 7" concentric on my Impact on a freshwater beach I was digging stuff that was hard to even see without my reading glasses.
Sure glad I had a pinpointer.

That's really true with all of the Nokta & Makro devices I have or have used, and that includes the selectable-frequency Impact, Multi-Kruzer and Anfibio Multi.

My favorite standard-use coil with these models is the 7" Concentric open-frame coil, and when I am working trashy places or dense and constricted sites my favorite smaller coil with a Multi-Kruzer or the others is the solid 5" DD. I have 13 detectors here on my den wall. Temperatures are down in the teens [size=small](F°)[/size] so I don't leave my 'travel-units' in the vehicle when it gets too hot or too cold. Anyway, out of those thirteen ready-to-go detectors, the largest search coil I have mounted for regular-use is a mid-size 5X9½ DD on one Nokta CoRe and one Nokta Relic, or a round 7" Concentric coil on three models. All other models have a smaller size coil mounted, down to the 5" on one Relic and slightly smaller 'OOR' on one CoRe.

I mostly hunt in trashier and/or confined areas and have found these search coils to deal with conditions quite well. Also, I have long enjoyed the performance of many detectors that operate at better frequencies to find lower-conductive targets. On the selectable 3-frequency Nokta-Makro Detector models, I mainly use the default 14 kHz operating frequency and they have all provided very good small-target and lower-conductive target sensitivity. When I am working sites more likely to have gold jewelry, to include not just rings but pendants, stud-type ear rings and thin gold chains, then I opt for their higher 19 kHz or 20 kHz operating frequency.

Search coil wise, I found the 4X7½ DD to be an 'OK": coil for typical urban Coin Hunting sites, but it didn't work well when hunting very contaminated iron debris areas. If targets are more separated and the iron content of a site isn't too bad, that coil works fine, but in the toughest environments the round 5" DD is, by far, the better performing coil. But I also found that in the less trashy places I had equal or better general use performance with the 7" Concentric coil which is why the 7" Concentric and 5" DD make my primary-use search coils. To their credit, these coils on these well engineered nmodels also provide impressive depth-of-detection for their size.

Monte

I'm surprised at the depth of the 7" concentric as well. Another plus is the lack of noise compared to the stock coil. You do need to overlap your swings far closer if you don't want to miss anything though. The DD will cover the open spaces like ball fields faster. Not quite as fast as the 3X18 on my Bandido but deeper.

Ive only used the stock coil and the 5x9.5 and have dug plenty
of birdshot and BBs with both. Once you dig a few it gets easy to tell
as the audio signal is very tiny and easily identified.
The audio on the Kruzer is excellent.
Since its not sampled audio and more of a live feed
it’s very easy to size targets, even in the multi tone modes.

Electricfrontporch said:
At what frequency did you snag the bird shot that's pretty dang good.

dgerst said:
A 1/2" long piece of 14 gauge aluminum wire in 4" of sand rang loud and clear for me in beach mode. And that was with the stock coil.
With the factory coil that's pretty dang good w bc at frequency did you use

Grumpie said:
At what frequency did you snag the bird shot that's pretty dang good.

14 and 19