Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How tight does the T

Hi Bob,

I probe targets almost exclusively in our parks and soccer fields, so pinpointing is very important to me. The T2 pinpoints broadly at first, but the retune narrows it way down to the point that I have no problem probing dimes at 4 & 5". It pinpoints to the center of the coil.

There are two methods I use. One is to simply pinpoint, then retune and pinpoint again. Occasionally I will retune once more. Dead center of the coil. Side to side and front to back.

The other method is to pinpoint, retune and pinpoint again, leave the coil on the ground and turn 90 degrees.

The pinpoint also tells alot about the target. You can tell how its laying in the ground, if there are other targets around or below it. Tilted coins will give an abrupt response on one side and a broader response on the other side. As far as pinpointing goes, I like this pinpoint better than any of the others.

I like trigger pinpoints in general, but this one is really nice.

:detecting:

Bob,

The T2 will give you a very tight lateral (side to side) pinpoint, but being of Double-D design, the coil still has the classic very long heel to toe EMF pattern that will require you to do one of two things in that regard when pinpointing...... either turn to a 90 degree angle and pinpoint again in the other direction laterally, or just keep sweeping the target back and forth as you pull the coil back and off of the target. Just as the signal disappears, it should be under the front "toe" of the coil. When central pinpointing, the target will tend to be about an inch back from the exact center of the coil toward the operator, at least for coin-sized targets. But you can also use the trigger pinpoint control to "detune" as you sweep over and back off of the target, narrowing the signal response on each sweep.

Ralph

Ralph is correct in that shallow targets can be pinpointed just by doing what I call the DD wiggle, and pinpoint under the toe without even having to use the pinpoint feature. Or use the pinpoint feature with out a retune and "poke" at the target with the toe of the coil and let the VCO audio tell you when the center of the toe of the coil is over the target.

For deeper objects, you will want to use the pinpoint feature and retune, maybe more than once, which will restrict both the lateral and side to side movement down to about an inch or less, depending upon target depth. Right dead center of the coil. The coil fins help you keep the ground in perspective, or at least I use them that way.

There is nothing more satisfing than to pinpoint, and then stick your target the first time.

This pinpoint is very good for sizing targets, checking angles and such and seeing what is close to the target you are looking at. Very good seperation. You would be suprised what you can learn about a target with a good pinpoint.