Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How to avoid losing a shovel, detector or pinpointer..

ZOFCHAK

I've seen a few posts here about dropped pinpointers or detectors left behind leaning against a tree/car. As someone that once spent the better part of a day retracing my steps in search of my Pro Pointer I just thought I would post a few techniques I use to avoid doing so again.

1. I paint my pin pointers and shovels a bright color! I use Krylon spray paint in yellow and have painted the top half of all my Pro Pointers and most of my shovels. This has saved a lot of trouble and I'm sure some money as well.

2. Put a business card or other small card in your battery compartments with your name and contact info (Or engrave it if you feel comfortable doing so). No guarantee that it'll be returned, but at least it ups your odds if an honest person happens to find it.

****Please add your own ideas to this thread****

I've drilled a small hole in the handle of my pinpointers and attached a coiled plastic cord keyholder setup and connect the snap faster to my belt loop or buckle. Hard to leave behind that way. Did this after losing one.
BB

This is the route I took to help secure my Pro pointer probe from getting lost.

I made a ring that fits under the cap on the pointer out of 300 stainless steel (It's a knockoff of one I saw on ePay) and tethered the ring/probe to my finds bag with about 3 feet of 80lb. braided fishing line and a heavy duty swivel clip.

In order to make the probe more visible and cut down some on the volume of the probes alarm, I used a few turns of yellow electrical tape over the alarm opening. In the future for added strength and wear resistance I intend to try a length of kevlar line in lieu of the 80lb. line fishing line.

One would think that the tether would be a constant bother by getting tangled and or hung up on one thing or another, but so far I've found that not to be the case. But then again I don't do as much deep woods/brush hunting as I used to.

HH:detecting:

Guess the image would have been nice. :rolleyes:

Duct tape from Wal-Mart.:thumbup:

tabman

071.jpg

Careful there Tabman, darn near blinded me.:cool::biggrin: Not much chance of loosing a color combination like that. :thumbup: