Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

how to eliminate hot rocks in prospecting mode?????

Good question!
I have no experience with prospecting or hot rocks, but as a novice I think that I would switch back to C/T mode and listen to the normal tones and watch the TID. If it makes too many tones, or has a really jumpy TID or one that is unrealistic, I would dig several to be sure, and then begin establishing their pattern that will enable you to ID them when you get a suspect hit.

Maybe one of the pebble pluckers that live where there are hot rocks will chime in with some words of wisdom. I sure hope so.

I HATE HOT ROCK :ranting:

I have been dealing with hot rocks for years and I have no clue as to what to do to eliminate them besides dig'em. they come in all shapes an sizes and sound like a penny or dime or even a quarter that might have a piece of iron close to them. Yesterday I think I dug 3 hot rocks. I hate hot rocks.......

Posted by digger Date: June 29, 2009 12:38AM

Did you try the Tracking Ground Balance Offset, as recommended by Kevin Hoagland of Minelab? In this video, Kevin demonstrates the proper way to implement Prospecting mode with tracking GB offset, in an effort to neutralize hot rocks.
http://www.mlotv.com/view/575/prospecting-with-the-x-terra-705/

Randy

Can not find this video?

I've scoured the net, and it seems that the video you're looking for no longer exists. Since it was a Minelab USA video, you might try contacting Minelab directly and ask them where you could find it, if indeed it is still available.

http://www.minelab.com/usa/treasure-talk/x-terra-705-gold-pack-a-simple-solution