Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How to get maximum depth on AT gold in water for jgold jewelry

Any pointers on how to get maximum depth on AT gold water hunting for gold jewelry, i do have the standard coil the AT pro comes with and think i got a little more depth from that, but somthing tells me im not punching down far enough to find some old gold , to be honest ive still not used all metal mode , and maybe thats the awnser , or a bigger coil , maybe its both, northern mi has lots of sandy bottoms , i dont see that many utubes on AT gold water hunting , , any ideas on these issues would be helpful , waterhound

Hound, some might not agree but finding a low spot is more important than really deep. Hunt the erosion areas on the dry, the fresh water run offs, debris areas. If your wading, Got to find the hard sand with shells, maybe gravel. If your walking on sloppy deep sand move on. Course first you gotta ground balance your machine best you can . Hope some of this helps. I'm just saying the gold (if any) will be laying in the holes.

Thanks dancer ,l for some good reminders , wave , current ,and erosion, can expose new windows of opportunitys , will be looking for the lows areas , hard bottoms and washouts alot more,

The best way to get depth is to use the true all metal mode. Your audio will be limited to two tones, assuming you are utilizing the iron audio, otherwise, it will be only one tone. But the target ID cursor will still be functional. The standard DD coil should work fine. Use a good set of headphones, so you can hear the deeper quieter signals. And, considering that gold can read in a variety of places on the ID screen, you should dig it all, unless of course the obvious iron targets. Keep your detector well ground balanced, and if you get a soft signal, approach the signal with your coil and different speeds and different angles. This will sometime give you more accuracy for ID. And....dig most of your targets. If they are soft signals, they are probably deep, and probably old. It costs you nothing to find out what is lurking down there. Good luck!

THANKS JOHN , GREAT INFO IVE BEEN USING GARRETT FOR 3 YEARS NOW STARTING WITH AT PRO , AND NOW AT GOLD , UNTILL YESTERDAY IVE NEVER USED ALL METAL ,IVE ALL READY PUT THE 11 INCH COIL ON , SO I THOUGHT IT WAS TIME TO START LEARNING THE ALL METAL MODE , AND I DID WHAT YOU MENTIONED IN YOUR POST , I GUESS IT IS TWO TONE WITH IRON AUDIO ,AND I WAS AMAZED AT THE DEPTH IT HAD I WOULD LOCATE TARGETS IN ALL METAL THEN SWITCH TO DISCRIMINATE 1 AND THE TARGET WOULD DISAPPEAR , I GUESS 3 YEARS OF DISCRIMINATE MODES AND THE FAST RECOVERY SPEED OF GARRETTS AT DETECTORS and dd coils I HAD DONE SO WELL WITH GOLD FINDS IN NORTHERN MI FRESH WATER THAT I NEVER GAVE THAT MUCH THOUGHT TO WHAT IVE BEEN MISSING , , NOT BAD FOR A SURFACE PICKER MY MINELAB BUDDY TELLS ME , BUT WHEN AM I GONNA REALLY START HUNTING LOL GUESS I WILL HAVE TO SLOW DOWN AND ALL METAL UP , WHAT TYPE OF EARPHONES DO YOU RECOMMEND THANKS

Glad I could help. Yes...the true all metal mode is the way to go. I gave used the AT Gold at times to look for relics in the woods, and the true all metal mode is the way to go, no matter what coil you use.