Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How to post pics

Edgeman

I know there is a video of the pic posting process, but I sure cant find it. Can someone give me some direction please. Thanks for the help, Larry

Sorry Larry wish I could help, since I got the IPhone I'm a little lost, hank

No problem!! Just above the box you type in a reply or your message on an original post, you will see Upload File. Click on that. Then you Choose File and browse to your pic and Then click on Upload. Then there is a little message that sez Create Link in Message. Place your cursor in the spot in the message where you want it and click on it. It should place a string in your message. Be sure to Preview to make sure it's there before you click on Post. You can put several pics in your message, wherever you want.

[attachment 242075 cid_008d01c88ab1993d60402502a8c0CINDY.gif]

Thank you, BigCatDaddy, i will start working on that, Larry

I tried to post some photos and got a couple posted but I ran into a problem that irks me very much. For some reasons, some of the photos of the same item have the same photo number and if you resize one but not the other or forget to delete it, it shows you are trying to upload a file larger than 420 kb. I wasted about 45 minutes before I realized the problem and then couldn't get out of the upload without losing all the work and photos I had posted. I am going to post 1 photo and then call it a day as I am aggravated to no end with my ignorance.

1901 Indian Head penny
[attachment 243831 Picturehome156SmallWinCE.jpg]

These photos were in different frames of the same subject and why they would have the same number is beyond me.

March-15-1953 Duraglass bottle, older than myself by X-# months

[attachment 243832 Picturehome462WinCE2.jpg]

I upload my pics to Photobucket.com. They automatically resize and rename pics (by adding a 1 or something) if two images happen to have the same name.

There are buttons in the Photobucket album that copy the link for the image to your clipboard. Then I click the little picture frame button at the top of the text area here and paste the link.

Works well for me. Then I don't have to save the images on my computer either, and sharing on facebook and emails is a breeze...

fongu and Dodge, I also use photobucket. Seems to work for me. And I understand the frustration with "my own ignorance"!!!! I dont use this computer, is uses and abuses me!!!

Haha, been there. It can be tough keeping up with computer/internet tech with all the Myfaceing and Twitterpating going on. Heck, I got so lost on Google once it took me three days to find my way back to the 'lighter side' of the interweb.

PS, there are some places on the net that the average person should never go. :blink:
I think I'll stay right here where it's safe.

I'm trying to use photobucket to upload pics on another topic, but can't seem to get it right.

Did you get them onto your Photobucket account?
If so, just look for 'direct link' under the 'image links' area. On my account it's to the right of the image. Click the text and it will automatically copy to your clipboard. Then click the little picture icon at the top of the text box and paste it in.

Is the issue in uploading?

I just saw your post... You're trying to get it off a flash drive.

Did you try dragging the image file to your desktop and uploading from there?
Photobucket should automatically resize the image after upload.